--Cylinder, adaptor and regulator

--Cylinder holder, diffuser, bubble counter and check valve

+Substrate

+Stage 1 planting

+Stage 2 planting

+Week 4

+Chapter 2- Jungles Edge

From the start.

About a week ago I started looking on TradeMe for a guppy. Then for a bristlenose. Then for a new tank. Before I knew it, I was looking at all of the international planted tanks and I caught the dreaded MTS again. I had been stalking this particular tank on TradeMe, sick of mismatched custom tanks in the past, an all in one tank, stand and hood looked pretty good. Despite the interest in the tank, I was the only one to bid and picked it up, along with a spare hood, two internal filters, a heater and various other pumps and pipes. After a crazy game of car tetris to fit it into the i30, I got this bad boy home and sorted out the parts.

P9030004.jpg

P9030002.jpg

P9030007.jpg

The tank is Masterpet or Blueplanet AA something, it's an unknown brand so I'm a bit lost but it looks good and has all the parts. The tank measures The plan for this tank is to replace the single 2ft T8 tube with a double 2ft T5HO light, get a Sunsun canister for it with lily pipes and hook up a sodastream CO2 rig. I'm really liking the fact that it comes with two hoods, gives me a bit more freedom when it comes to modifying one to suit my needs in case it all goes horribly wrong. In terms of stocking the tank, plants are the number one priority, will decide on fish later. I hope to have this tank up and running by the end of the month (dependant on school and work).

Any constructive criticism, feedback and advice is welcome.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thermometer came off cleanly with a bit of meths and a good scrub. Took off the hood, cleaned it up and started to remove the guts to make room for the T5HO installation, will post photos once I install the new lights. Ordered a CO2 regulator with solenoid, bubble counter, CO2 tubing and lily pipes from fish-street, cost almost as much as the tank did :lol:

Fill it with water in the mean while and put a stone in there.

:slfg: It's tempting! I've been cleaning it and staring at it, researching possible layouts and making sure I haven't forgotten anything. It's a good feeling knowing that I've got all the best equipment (even if it is all in the mail) to do the job I want to do. Not cutting any corners with this and it shows in my bank account :nilly:

Thanks Lyndyloo! :D

I'm interested in how you use a Soda Stream Canister for your CO2, what attachments do you need to do this??

I haven't personally set one up before but from what I've been told and what I've read online, here's how the setup goes.

Sodastream CO2 cylinder > Sodastream adaptor > CO2 regulator > Airline > Diffuser

An adaptor can be bought from most home brew shops, cylinder off TradeMe, regulator off TradeMe, internationally online or at a LFS, diffuser off TradeMe or online.