Owning Parrots

zeebee

Hi guys

I am thinking of getting a parrot, perhaps a love bird.

Anyone have experience with these birds? Also what is your favorite bird?

Definitely favorite is greys or galahs. Eclectus are pretty stunning though. AND NO :sage: SULPHUR CRESTEDS!

If you haven't had birds before I wouldn't recommend anything more than a ringneck or rainbow lorikeet. Hand rared are easier to start with if you want a hands on bird.

You still have to train them, like other pets, otherwise they become unbearable and punishment doesn't work only reward.

Love birds aren't parrots really and of the people I know who had them, they aren't love bird fans.

I have a blue ringneck and want an alexandrine and an eclectus parrot.

It depends on what you want out of your bird. We have loved our budgies and conure, for different reasons, and are looking for a quaker. Do you want something that talks well? We had to select a species that wasn't as long lived as some too as we are not spring chickens ourselves and did not want to die leaving behind a bird that had bonded to us.

Love birds make very nice pets ..doing some now ...

It is up to the person that is looking ..there are some very nice birds that make very nice pets ..

We have a sun conure that flies around here but is not nice to females .. the yellow ring neck is a beautiful colour and as long is handled by both male and females will be no problem .

Galahs are a nice size bird and very chucky but I find the cockatoo is no noise for in town ..but say that the pairs of Galahs we have here do make a noise at about 6 every night ..

Alexander’s make got pets nice big oversize ring neck but some people do get frightened from the beak ...

leo2282012016.jpg

leo2282012008.jpg

leo2282012011.jpg

leo2282012013.jpg

You should know this one LA ..

leo2282012017.jpg