Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peppered cory

Featured Replies

  • Author

Good ideas guys and thanks again, will look for some plastic leaves on my days off, I'm getting quite excited about the prospect of little scooters. I think they are becoming my favorite fish.

I always think that brine shrimp nuplii are the best food as they can be encouraged to rise to the light. Microworms are cheaper but go to the bottom, which of course is OK for bottom feeders like corries (in a bare tank)

  • 1 month later...

I just got myself a few of these! Animates haha :D That long top fin is awesome huh :D can't wait for them to breed.

Is 50l tank enough for a breeding lot of cories? Or should i go bigger?

hrmmmm.... will have to look aroud, seem to be a few around if animates have them.

last lot looked like they might have the gene, but would love some really nice ones for the display tank

  • Author

Watching the discussion, and a few seem to be coming through the FS. So is the long fin cory another species or a peppered with a 'mutation' coming through???

When I looked into it when I first saw them it seems to just be a genetic variation, such as big noses vs small noses. But you can continue to breed it through the lines I believe.

Not a seperate breed just a long-finned variety. When you google them they do still seem fairly common.\

I adore mine. :love:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I've got all my corys in a separate tank hoping for scooters (very fat cory and lots of activity but no eggs yet) have 3 little bumble bees in there too (about 1.5cm), will they eat the eggs or the babies?(when and if I finally get any)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.