Symbicort advert

GrahamC

The advert is promoting Symbicort which is an inhaled steroid for asthma, so that the user is able to get a breath of fresh air. Sadly the advertising company is poorly informed by using a pond fish in a fish bowl, and perpetuating the myth that a fish bowl is an appropriate environment for the fish. I offered this observation to see if I were being a little too politically correct.

Mind you I haven't seen the commercial, but I do use Symbicort for my asthma and see absolutely no connection between any fish in a bowl and this medication other than the poor fish can't breathe properly either, but Symbicort won't help the fish. Dumb...dumb...dumb. I hope it's a major photoshop thingy!

Caper

What about Elmo on Sesame street?!!! I know its American, but its supposed to be an educational show and they put all kinds off stuff in that fish bowl depending on the shows theme for the particular episode. Sometimes there is multiple fish in the bowl.

What about Elmo on Sesame street?!!! I know its American, but its supposed to be an educational show and they put all kinds off stuff in that fish bowl depending on the shows theme for the particular episode. Sometimes there is multiple fish in the bowl.

Or Oscar! Surely that trash can is near nowhere large enough for him to live in! It's totally unsuitable for any animal his size. Slimey the worm would be happy enough in it, but he's FAR smaller.

hehehe i meant what about the real goldfish elmo keeps it features prominently in every episode. I myself am surprised about Oscars living conditions, they haven't improved since the show began!He is clearly the poorest guy on the street and the others ridicule him for it referring to him as a grouch! His so called friends dont care as they offer no support to help him out and Sesame streets Work and Income office must just be terrible to allow someone to live in such conditions. I thought the show was supposed to be fun for kids , not promote discrimination or creating stereotypes.