Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My 1400 litre project!

Featured Replies

With plecos or bristlenose in there you might find the riccia goes everywhere, if they leave it alone it will look awesome. They made a mess of it in my tank.

Otherwise I can see this is going to be a great looking tank

  • Replies 276
  • Views 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

When you see your tank in the morning and you have a cory with his eyes missing - you begin to wonder who the culprit is .. then you see your BGK ...

He is moving to a new tank today - After living in my community tank since he was a baby .. and have no issues with him ... but then again - he is getting bigger now.

Water is a bit yellow this morning after the new wood was added. But I have some purigen to go into the filter later today - It will be interesting to see how well it works for me.

  • Author

BGK is out of the tank for trying to kill another fish. He is *now* in another tank.

kribensis have almost all but demolished the riccia. They are moving too. I don't know why I was expecting them to play nice ..

  • Author

how long did it take to catch 5 kribensis .. 2 hours.

oh sigh.

Anyways .. done and I have for you .. tank layout number 3 .. in second.

how long did it take to catch 5 kribensis .. 2 hours.

oh sigh.

Anyways .. done and I have for you .. tank layout number 3 .. in second.

Last time I had to remove my breeding pair of kribs I tried for an hour than ended up just pulling EVERYTHING out of the tank and lowering the water level to about 100mm and even then they weren't easy, damn fish.

  • Author

The discolouration has decreased slightly following a water change and the addition of purigen to my filtration system.

The riccia is no more damaged than it was last night - so very happy about that.

I will be dosing some additional ferts today again ! Only the second time so far that I am putting liquid ferts into the tank. Everything seems to be growing as intended.

  • Author

I have been growing some additional riccia which I plan to re-attach to the tiles this weekend.

Yes - we are all very excited about what it is going to look like once full of plants.

  • Author

Yes - loads of updates..

I will post sometime between tonight and the end of the weekend.

Lot's has happened - plenty to discuss.

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.