My new 430lt tank

karina

Hi all :wave:

This tank is "new to me" recently.

The plants have been a mixture of those that came with the tank and those that have come from 2 of my other tanks.

Planning to stock T bars, Rams and my spiney banded eel "mr spiney".

This is the biggest tank I have setup to date and I am dropping from having 4 tanks to 2.

Comments welcome. :D

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

Thanks so much :D

The 2 big swords, crypts and tiger lilly came with the tank and the previous owner had a diy co2 system. No plant "sulk" noticed yet.

The cabomba was out of my AR380 and it flowers nearly contantly. All from a parent plant bought 4 years ago (lots still in the AR380). I used to cut it back to half the amount each month.

The rest were out of my AR620T (which will be up for sale soon). The small amazon swords in the front grew from a stem on the amazon sword to the right of them in that tank. When I took them all out another big sword had multiplied so I spit it up.

In my tanks I used Flourish and a plant fertliser I picked up which you only use 1ml per 40 litres every week.

I have also recently learnt that the PL bulbs used in those AR's are better than T8's - they penetrate deeper.

I have gone for T5's for this tank.

I am looking at possibly setting up a proper co2 system as I could get the bottles through work :)

Havent set up the diy system yet just using flourish, aquamix (for long term) and my liquid fert.

Interesting.... I thought the light penetrated well in my AR620T. There are 2 x 18w 14000k PL light bulbs in there. I bought it second hand a year ago and those bulbs were only put in prior to purchasing. They give a very chrystal clear light. Quite differen't to whats in my AR850. Not sure if these are standard bulbs or not.

Zeebee, I was looking at those Valray ferts tonight actually. Then looking at the hydroponics.co.nz website.

I am using believe it or not pond fert in my tanks and have adjusted the quantities for quite a while now.

Looking at setting up a proper co2 system.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated photo.

Taken tonight 4 weeks after the original photos. I've had to cut back the cabomba twice in that time. The tiger lotus did sulk and lose it's leaves so I moved it to the front right and those leaves are all new since the last photo :)

Tank160312.jpg

Nice setup!

Is that just black tape at the top to hide the water line?

The previous owner had put the tape on. I assume that would have been the reason.

Tape was around the bottom too to cover the polystyrene from their children picking at it, but this was removed on moving the tank.

• 3 months later...

Hi :wave:

No haven't set up a pressurised system yet. Currently quite happy dosing with flourish excel daily. I know a pressurised system is cheaper in the long run. But my focus at the moment is finding another 4ft tank for my large South Americans.

Have 3 amazon swords with runners up at the moment so will need to thin out on swords soon.

Tiger Lotus is now at water surface height (60cm) with 2 pups :)

• 1 month later...