Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Free tank WOOHOO

Featured Replies

My sisters new boyfriend gave me a tank he wasn't using anymore for free WOO :happy1:

It's a Jebo R362 with a cabinet and all I had to do was get new suction cups for the heater, an airstone for the pump and two new bulbs and a starter switch for the lights. It came with filter media, ornaments, gravel etc....

At the moment it has goldfish in it as I can't see any numbers on the heater dial so would have no idea what temp I have it on..... so I'm not using the heater.

  • Author

Well at the moment it's got two fantail goldfish in it because the heater dial numbers are unreadable.... I need to put the thermometer in my tropical tank into the 95L and turn the heater on on the lowest setting and go up from there until it's the right temp. All I know is that the heater seems to be working because the light does come on when I plug it in :thup:

I have a 64L with tropicals in it which I was planning to move into the 95L... I have platys, mollies, tiger barbs, dwarf gourami, neon tetras and white cloud minnows. I'm pretty sure I have too many fish in the 64L lol so want to move them into the bigger tank. Unfortunately I lost a couple of neon tetras recently and am concerned it was NT disease that killed them so don't really want to move them at the moment until I sort out what's going on. I'm just waiting to see if any more of my fish die.... :(

The 95L has a built in filter and it came with an air pump and obviously the heater and it has a built in light hood :thup: It's already set up for the goldfish... they've been in there a few weeks now. I have some pics ... will post when I get a chance.

Can you send in some pics of the heater? If its anything like the aqua one heaters, we may be able to tell the temp without the numbers, based on the number of squares and where the red line is up to.

Get an Eheim Jager heater. They cost a bit but as far as I know they are the best quality heater in NZ. I would be nervous buying a $17.00 heater and putting it in a tank. If it's such a low price then there must be something dodgy about it...

  • Author

Yeah I was thinking of maybe just using the heater in the 64L tank as I don't need two. I think this one (the Jebo one) came with the tank (when it was purchased) ... not sure.... anyway, since I have goldfish in there I don't need it working at the moment. When I'm confident my fish in the 64L are not sick I will move them to the 95L and just put the heater from the 64L into the 95L tank.

The thing is I kind of don't want to move the goldfish into the smaller tank because they need 60L each and they're in a 95L .... putting them into a 64L ..... well I don't really feel right about it KWIM The 95L is still on the small side.... hopefully one day soon I'll be able to get a 120L.... I actually had the goldfish in a bathtub outside but when my sisters bf gave me the 95L I moved them because the water in the tub was going green in like 2-3 days of doing a large water change. I was going to get a UV filter but then he offered me the tank. So either I'll have to get a bigger tank or put them back into the tub and get a UV filter.... when they are getting bigger!

I'll probably end up getting a bigger tank because my tropicals need a bigger tank too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.