My Pond Over the Years

Caryl

Someone just asked for an update on my pond, in another thread, so I thought it would be good to show you the build from the start. It was followed on here but we have lots of new members since then. Have a look here for the build from the start. There are 6 pages!

• 1 month later...
There are some fantails in there but I don't like orandas. Have to be careful what we add as it get below -4C in winter and the pond has been known to stay iced over for several days in a row.

What about adding heaters into your pond lol. I assumed it won't be too big lol. May be 5 to 10 heaters might keep them warm hahah Just kidding :P

• 1 month later...

Oh my gosh Caryl...I was wondering how I was going to find the original post about your pond. So glad, I found this :P

WOW...WOW...WOW :hail::hail::hail:

During the slideshow there was a picture of something on your deck...looked brownish and long...I tried to see if I could post if here but I don't remember how to do it. I hope you know what I'm talking about because I'm really curious to see what it is/was/??

Caper :wave:

Yes, we had a heron eying up the fish but luckily I spotted him as soon as he arrived. The net didn't do a lot but we kept him off until the shrubbery grew higher than the fence so he no longer has somewhere to perch and the overhanging plants give him nowhere to stand and fish from now.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...