Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marine advice

Featured Replies

Hi all, I was wondering what the smallest size tank I can use to start a marine tank, I want to give it a try, I have a small little 20 litre, is that to small, its a little blueplanet tank. Any advice would be appreciated :thup:

Generally 200L is considered the minimum starting size. Much smaller and they become less stable. You don't want to kill $200 fish that often because your tank is too small to be stable without a lot of maintenance.

Generally 200L is considered the minimum starting size. Much smaller and they become less stable. You don't want to kill $200 fish that often because your tank is too small to be stable without a lot of maintenance.

+1 plus it will get too hot in summer

there is a lot that goes on in keeping a marine tank stable

the bigger the better

there are some nice nano tanks out there

but if you aren't a competent DIYer then you need deep pockets and long arms to reach the bottom of said "pockets"

when i get into my marine..my biggest concern of expense is water changing..

I wld use a couple drum of aqu salt when doing water change for my 1400lt..

Instead of "how to say this?' "jacking sea water from beach"..what other cheaper alternative?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

  • Author

I live right by the sea, it takes me less then two minutes to walk there, but my problem is the tank size and the summer heat :facepalm:

edited to add

a little of topic, but look at these cuties I saw the other day, sorry pic is not so good, took it with my phone.

shrimp.jpg

If I had a marine tank, i would not have a problem filling it with cleaners, if these guys clean, not to sure. But after taking the pic I managed to catch one and inspect it from closer, so they are easy to catch, and too cute close up !drool:

  • Author
imo scrap 20l and get a bigger tank, it would cost you lees in the long run, and a lot easier to keep

I wish I could, but we have a teeny house and space is a problem. I might consider doing it one day if the kids leave the house or if I win lotto and build a nice big fishroom. :thup:

  • Author
it may cost you more trying to keep your tank stable, than a bigger tank

Yip I realised that when I read everyone's advice then told them I would stick to tropical :wink:

Oh my, guess I will stick to Tropical then, I won't be able to get another tank :wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.