Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WEIRD PETS

Featured Replies

Wow, pet spiders and rocks... who would have thought. :spop:

If you do decide to keep a hedgehog, please keep in mind that they are lactose intolerant, so no milk.

Wow, pet spiders and rocks... who would have thought. :spop:

If you do decide to keep a hedgehog, please keep in mind that they are lactose intolerant, so no milk.

we had 2 small ones at our old place that came up and ate the cats food and drunk its milk that would explain the mess they left on the deck , i know you arent supposed to feed cats too much cow milk either but this cat wouldnt drink water :dunno:

If you do decide to keep a hedgehog, please keep in mind that they are lactose intolerant, so no milk.

And a pest.

Handy in the garden but in the wild they are predators of native snails, weta and other bugs, as well as eggs of ground-nesting birds.

One of my grandmothers friends had a pet magpie. The only pets I've had are fish, mice, guinea pig, rabbits, birds and cats. Unless you count my monarch caterpillars and butterflies outside..... I used to have a gazebo that is fully enclosed with insect screen sides up, with a dozen swan plants in it and I put all the caterpillars off my big swan plant outside into there so wasps etc wouldn't get to them. I had about 24 butterflies but because the only place we have here that the gazebo fit was around the back where there is not much sunlight, the swan plant leaves were getting black/white fungus on them and the caterpillars started getting sick and dying. So I gave up on that idea. I still have (well had, until the caterpillars ate every single leaf on them LOL) 3 small potted swan plants outside but not many caterpillars so far... I have 4 Chrysalis' and 2 smaller caterpillars disappeared when their food supply ran out :o( I was going to take them to my father in laws to put on his neighbours swan plants when I saw there were hardly any leaves left, but then they ate all the leaves by the time I checked again..... :(

mince and worms. You have to be sure that the butcher has not illegally added preservative to the mince or they throw it straight up again. After assuring me that there was no preservative in it I found out the messy way that there was. The preservative they use is metabisulphite which gives off sulfur dioxide and you can test for it with malachite green. The solution goes colourless if there is sulfer dioxide there.

had a 5 foot miami corn snake when i lived in england, was a cool pet specially seeing it make mince meat of a full size rat. currently have four alpacas in the paddocks, god knows why lol

I haven't had any really weird pets, the weirdest was probably rats, and really if you've ever seen a pet rat (not the wild ones), you prob wouldn't think they're a weird pet. The weirdest pets I want to keep are snakes though, always wanted a snake, but since I've lived in nz all the time, I've never been able to have one :P.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.