New Blue Tongues Fighting :/

emaytiti

Could ask the breeder how they have been kept, temps and if together, if so any trouble?

Suspect they may have been kept in cooler temps. Now you have them one appears to have turned in to a horny little savage.

How old, size, and how long have you had them?

Is it just one skink doing the chasing or both? / scars on both heads?

Yeah best to separate them if that is going on regularly as will only end up in damage. Mating can get rough but looks like the other one is stressed and just wants to gap it.

Tank is 100x45x50 currently looking for a big one but no luck so far.

I was thing peat moss? or a mix sand and coco peat?

Ok, must be the enclosure, as they never fought with reptilez.

Yeah, turned out mine was male as well.

They are both just under 2 years. I was thinking one has to be a female if they never fought before?

I have not kept blue tounges but have seen biting like that as a prelude to mating with leopard geckos and bearded dragons. They don't normally wait to be formally introduced but there is generally not a lot of physical damage done. I don't know about the bluies but two male leps get pretty serious when they have a go. Do you know what sex they are?

Sorry to say but looks like 2 males .. they can get very aggro when breeding and the poor girls get a lot of

bites marks around the head and top half of the body ..

But looks like these are fighting ..not mating ...

The bigger the tank the better .. even better put them out side in a large rabbit cage with some hay for at night...just make sure there is wire on the bottom so can not get out

not having much luck are you. my first impression was two males so have to agree with reptilenut.

could be wrong but probably best to separate and keep on astro turf so you can look out for man plugs.

Ok, nope no luck at all lol.

I find astroturf smells really bad really quickly...any tips for that?

yep, + perfect age for hormones to kick in so could just be bad luck.

skinks stink :sml2: not too bad though, may depend a little on what you feed.

I find astroturf smells really bad really quickly...any tips for that?

always handy to have another bit of turf cut out ready to put in when one gets soiled.

hose with jet setting. hang to dry. ready for another day.

I put the smaller one that was been attacked with my other one (Slyk) looks like more fighting has taken place but around the base of the tail on the underside has a red tinge? Bite marks around base of tail and neck area.

:(

oh heck. tails snap easy