New Blue Tongues Fighting :/

emaytiti

May have to stay separated. If it is a female that is getting beaten up on then she is either pregnant already (so marswel separate her anyway) and very stressed or simply not ready.. or male :x . 3 years old is probably a better age to start attempting to breed them.

Feed em up, supervise them when putting them near each other. 10 mins a week is probably more than enough for breeding to occur. They will do so when the time is right.

May have to stay separated. If it is a female that is getting beaten up on then she is either pregnant already (so marswel separate her anyway) and very stressed or simply not ready.. or male :x . 3 years old is probably a better age to start attempting to breed them.

Feed em up, supervise them when putting them near each other. 10 mins a week is probably more than enough for breeding to occur. They will do so when the time is right.

goodpost.gif

head bites possibly breeding

tail bites more likely fighting

get bigger enclosures if you want to house them together

males can be rather territorial. i kept two together in the past in a large eclosure wth only one hide.

some nights both would be in there, but about 3-4nights a week one skink would sleep on top of the hide. and often a different skink from one night to the next.

was like first to get in the hide ruled the roost for the night lol

also notice that if putting a skink (possibly just males?) into a new enclosure, especially one that has had/has a skink in, one of the first things they like to do is rub there scent on the entry to the hide. fascinating little sausages.

males can be rather territorial. i kept two together in the past in a large eclosure wth only one hide.

some nights both would be in there, but about 3-4nights a week one skink would sleep on top of the hide. and often a different skink from one night to the next.

was like first to get in the hide ruled the roost for the night lol

also notice that if putting a skink (possibly just males?) into a new enclosure, especially one that has had/has a skink in, one of the first things they like to do is rub there scent on the entry to the hide. fascinating little sausages.

Lol it sounds like they have got a bunk bed system going on. Yeah i always find when you put a bluey into a new cage- enviroment they rub against everything

I bought two babey blue tongues from levin which had been keep outside since feb when they were born to aug when i got them. they had been keep togeather as wel but when i got them they startd fighting. i put it down to there temp as they where now havn temps of 35d during the day oposed to the outside temps. now i have cooled them down to a max of 30 they are fine :D

enclosure waaaaay to small for 2, is there anyway you can get them outside in a bigger enclosure?

Looking around for rabbit hutches at the moment. Been trying to think of a way to build something, but my building skills are useless when it comes to cage building :slfg: