Good news for me!

Caryl

Have just found out ACC will pay for the MRI I just had (saves me $966) and contribute to travel to and from ChCh for consultation with surgeon. They may even pay for the consult and, if I am very lucky, surgery. Not holding my breath though as I fear they will claim a pre-existing condition :-?

Now just waiting for appt to see spinal surgeon in ChCh as local surgeon confirmed the need for surgery. Perhaps I can time consult or surgery to coincide with exec meeting and save an extra trip :thup:

I have had Jeremy Evison recommended by a Dr and a surgeon (he operated on the surgeon I have been seeing here and does spinal work for Burwood too) and he works from St George's in Merivale. Someone told me today they thought St George had closed after the quake. Anyone know if this is so?

Being in the middle of Strowan and surrounded by Merivale, Papanui, Bryndwr, and Fendalton I am not surprised it is flash!

As long as the bits still open have passed quake proof tests and doesn't wobble too much if another quake hits while I am in it :o :tears:

If you stay down here for a year you will start to get used to it. Sheryls sister was on the top floor of the public hospital in February and remembers it well. Just remember that these buildings are designed to flex so they are doing the right thing and all the ones that don't do the right thing have already been demolished.

What worries me is that nearly all the Christian churches have or are being demolished but the mosque is OK. Shows that the building standards have improved (maybe).

As an old drainlayer I used to come accross when working used to love to say: "Never had this trouble under a labour government".

What worries me is that nearly all the Christian churches have or are being demolished but the mosque is OK. Shows that the building standards have improved (maybe).

Haha, Well, it was an act of god, maybe the Christian churches picked the wrong one?