A question about anubias

Ymir

I have done some reworking on my rock work in my tank and have a couple of pieces just above the water line. I want to see the difference in grow from being slightly above to being submerged.

Question: Will it kill/damage the baby plants if I use superglue to spot glue them into position?

it will be fine i have done a very large terrarium and got anubias under water and growing on wood out of the water the tank is well sealed as i have newts in there and it creates quite a damp tropical atmosphere which keeps the leaves moist. There is as slight difference in the leaves between the ones in water to those not and a slight difference in colour..

CA Glue is non toxic and is safe to use on the Anubias. It is much safer than using a pin which will damage the plant.

You cannot take it immediately out of water and expect it to grow emersed. It will need very high humidity levels to be successful.

It is a slow process but can be done. I have mine growing emersed now, but it took several months to settle in.

Thanks for the feed back everybody. I will try the direct almost completely out of the water and not so direct approach (leaves just touching the surface) this weekend.

Does the Anubias need to be on wood or would super-gluing it to a rock be ok?

Will post some pic's and even log what happens.