bristenose babys keep going in filter EKKKKKK

jippy

So i noticed a few bn babys on the glass in my tank the other day to my surprise ! I went to do a water change

and clean out the filter and there was over 30 in the filter,should i take it out ? they keep going back in there.

Is it worth putting them in a breeding net ? usually how many will survive if i dont

• 3 months later...
Pantyhose works excellently. Just make sure you have permission to use the pair you have your eye on and the owner's leg is removed :wink:

If you don't get permission, like I didn't :facepalm: , there is a small inlet cover that AquaOne make. I got it to stop my Tetra's exploring the inlet tube.

filter wool will quickly clog up and reduce your filter efficiency. Better to get something with a pore size below that of what you want to avoid going into the filter to maintain maximum flow rates.

And Craft canvas wont clog up also??

Most fish keepers have filter wool. Its cheap and as Ira said it also will make water crystal clear. Bonus is the fry will nibble away at the bits that are all caught in the filter wool.

• 4 weeks later...