June 19, 201313 yr comment_531332 I've tried a few different hardscapes, and this is the best so far. What do you guys reckon - any ideas on layout and plants? :dunno: Still looking for that perfect bit of wood :roll: This is 450 litres, minus the hardscape of course. Thinking of java fern along the long bit of wood in the background, xmas moss and java fern on the big bit, and dwarf chain swords and glosso for carpeting. Probably some star grass back left, too. Crypts on the slope between the rocks. Ditto, minus the long bit of wood. Maybe stargrass along the rear Iwagumi-ish. Just carpet with dcs and glosso. Not sure what else. Different bit of wood. Xmas moss on the branches will hide the sawn ends. Maybe some java fern on the trunk to fill the rear-top-right corner. Probably some star grass back left, too. Crypts on the slope between the rocks. Good work. Its great to see the thought, that you are putting into your tankscape. I like the raised right hand side, it reminds me of this bit of nature. Good work Report
August 25, 201313 yr Author comment_537578 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIxEVDXZMOk. I started out with heaps more fwd-back slope, but the turface is quite light and has shifted about a bit :digH: It didn't come out very iwagumi-ish - I'd say my tastes have matured into more of an appreciation for jungle and the random chaos of nature :roll: Report
August 26, 201313 yr comment_537643 Nice tank. I love the overgrown jungle type look! Are they scissortail rasbora in there? Report
August 26, 201313 yr Author comment_537707 Nice tank. I love the overgrown jungle type look! Are they scissortail rasbora in there? The biggest fish are red lined torpedo barbs and SAGs. There's some ottos hiding in there somewhere, and a few dwarf chain loaches The smaller fish are emerald eye rasbora and penguin barbs, and a couple of hundred neons, lol Cool!. Whats the big plant at the back left? Just twisted val mostly. There's a narrow leaf sword of some type, plus a more typical sword to the right of that. I don't know the specific names, sorry. Probably gonna move the narrow sword, as the val's taking over down that end. I'm trying out some grass on the left front but not sure if I'll carpet with that - will it go with the crypts on the right? The biomass has only recently got to the point where the phosphate out of the tap is at the right levels for no algae. So now it's just potassium nitrate 3-4 times a week, Flourish Comprehensive and magnesium sulphate 1-2 a week, and 50% water changes once a week. I struggled with BGA and green dust algae for a while, but adding some lime chips to the filter sussed that out. Hamilton has low kh, and my pH wasn't stable. kH is around 5 now. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.