Auckland Fishkeepers at the pet expo this weekend 27/28 Aug

ryanjury

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the stand is looking amazing! Far better than I thought it would..

Thanks to hollywoods again for all the tanks, posters and hand outs it really helped to fill out the stand and we have a raffle running with almost $500 worth of prizes!

Also a big thanks to birdbarn who also donated a tank which will be given away to a lucky kid who can guess how many chocolate fish are in our big jar..

More Pics and aquarium world article to follow..

Thanks to Jaxx the Midas is awesome and settled in well too :)

Unfortunately you are not allowed to bring your own pets I just checked the website, no reason you can't come and see our stall join the club and buy your doggie lots of stuff to take home and cheer him after being left behind.

Take heaps of money. It was dangerous last year. My dog ended up with a new waterbowl, more toys, soaps, lots of stuff he didn't need, and a lovely little bath robe with a big blue heart, big hood and a gingham tie which makes him look like a really feminine canine boxer. Poor boy haha!

Good luck guys! Wish I was in Auckland to come have a look!

Very true, it's sweet how you guys have gotten donations and giving em away! Now all we need is one in WGTN...

Yeah it is awesome how much support we have had from the stores they have been great and really getting behind the club :) We had a total of 4 tanks donated raffling 3 and giving one away :) Should be a fun weekend!

Very true, it's sweet how you guys have gotten donations and giving em away! Now all we need is one in WGTN...

You should go along to a Kmac meeting, they have been talking about the one thats happening in the Hutt Valley in November.

The Wellington clubs get involved in the local pet expo and the Home and Garden Show as well. This year I think they are only doing one as the dates were changes for one of them and they felt they could not do two now so close together. I can't remember, off hand, which one they decided to enter - the Pet Expo or the Home Show.

I just found it hilarious how my harlequins seemed to like the trip. Or at least the big water change they got from being taken for a trip to the expo with their tank. Were spawning in the tank during the expo, and I think I saw around 8 eggs drop :o. They usually only drop 2-5 per spawn.

Take heaps of money. It was dangerous last year. My dog ended up with a new waterbowl, more toys, soaps, lots of stuff he didn't need, and a lovely little bath robe with a big blue heart, big hood and a gingham tie which makes him look like a really feminine canine boxer. Poor boy haha!

Good luck guys! Wish I was in Auckland to come have a look!

Hi Steph! Missed you guys this year! We had a fighter tank in the exact same place yours was last year, lol.

I took no money and really pleased I didn't cos I didn't end up broke at the end.

Fabulous weekend - and Hollywood and Birdbarn sooooo awesome! Sold heaps of raffle tickets and kids were all really keen to win themselves a tank.

Well done to the Friday setup crew - the stand looked beautiful! :)

It was an awesome weekend everyone :) We raised some money and got some new members, once we get all the details we will send it out to all members so they know what we achieved, if anything we had a good weekend and I know I met quite a few interesting people. And all the displays looked good and got plenty of comments..

Raffle is getting drawn tonight hopefully, unfortunately I can't be anything to do with it because of the number of tickets my wife brought lol So maybe we will win :)