computer help needed.. website won't load

BikBok

ok I need some advice from the computer techie savvy peoples.

I can't access a specific website (www.fishpond.co.nz)

It's been going on several days and it's driving me nuts. The page just will not load, all i get is a blank white page on firefox and a error note on internet explorer.

I have tried everything to resolve, I've tried the windows network diagnostics troubleshooter which found nothing wrong, I've removed all the cookies , cleared the cache, tried a force refresh (ctrl f5) , asked firefox to "forget the site" , checked that it's not running through a proxy. What else can I do?

I can't get onto the site at all to email their own techie people for help.

I need to followup an order plus check my wishlist for fathers day pricing on a couple of items.

I have Windows 7 and firefox . All other websites I visit are functioning as usual.

thanks Melanie

No fishpond links will work at all, I've tried them directly from my emails as well.

Cc cleaner just removes cookies and and whatever else but I am at my wits end. looking at the Facebook fishpond page they r not big on customer service so I don't know if they'd be willing to help me sort it either.

I also have a current order I want to track and can't get on the site or email them to even make an inquiry!

what internet browser are you using? try clearing you cache

yep done that.

using Firefox, but also tried it on internet explorer. I think it's a problem with my broadband router somehow because the netbook won't load fishpond either. I'm just not sure what to do next.

looks like someone wants a nerf gun!! :slfg:

lol, the nerf link came through as an email newsletter link.

I find fishpond although slow to send stuff these days are a lot cheaper than other online stores and the shipping is free. I'd like to continue using the site if I can get it back.

Go start - run and type cmd [enter]

A black command window will pop up.

In this windows, type ping fishpond.co.nz [enter]

What does it show for the ip address? It'll say pinging fishpond.co.nz [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

Does the IP address show 184.72.224.41 ?

thanks..

it said pinging fishpond.co.nz 184.72.224.41 with 32 bytes of data

then the request timed out 4 x.

packets sent 4, received 0 - 100% loss

bik bok you could also try this link http://184.72.224.41/

Have you rebooted the router?

Is fishpond listed in this file C:\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (I think that that is the correct path, dont use windows to check)

that link did take me to the fishpond home page but when I went to log in it said the site was untrusted so I wasn't sure whether to proceed.

by rebooting the router do you mean just turn it off (including at the wall) and turning it on again? I did that.

Ahh, clearly they're having certificate issues. You can tell your browser to proceed anyway - what it's saying is that the certificate issued to bigpond is up for renewal or somebody has marked their website/ip address as a source of spam. I wouldn't worry too much about it and just progress anyway.

if that link worked thaen it is not a routing issue, that leaves DNS

from the comand prompt (see above) what does

nslookup fishpond.co.nz

return

Ahh, clearly they're having certificate issues. You can tell your browser to proceed anyway - what it's saying is that the certificate issued to bigpond is up for renewal or somebody has marked their website/ip address as a source of spam. I wouldn't worry too much about it and just progress anyway.
The error will be because the cert is singed http://www.fishpond.co.nz but the content was being served from http://184.72.224.41/ (the server's IP address, not it's [human readable] name) all in all nothing to worry about.

Edit:

The host file is at c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts or c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

You might have to edit that, will see...

if that link worked thaen it is not a routing issue, that leaves DNS

from the comand prompt (see above) what does

nslookup fishpond.co.nz

return

The error will be because the cert is singed http://www.fishpond.co.nz but the content was being served from http://184.72.224.41/ (the server's IP address, not it's [human readable] name) all in all nothing to worry about.

lookup.jpg

I have also discovered that if I Google search "fishpond contact" I can use the google result to get to fishpond but not if I type it in directly to my browser or use my bookmark or use an ordinary Google fishpond result . it's all very strange!