where to fly rc plane

Fishie123

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Highbrook Park there is an airstrip and a club dedicated to flying them, I often see guys there when I am walking the dogs. Click here for a map, you can see the brown airstrip mown into the grass on the little peninsula bit by the estuary towards the bottom left of the picture. You get there by going to the end of El Kobar Drive and turning right, and driving to the end of the road.

I got one of these beauti!

You realize, I hope, that those are far from a beginner plane, right? Most noobs buy a plane totally inappropriate for a beginner, think "OMG, I have this awesome plane this is going to be so cool!" Crash the plane after about a 2 second flight, demolish it and then give up.

I've been flying for about 7 years and I'd be a bit unconfident about flying those.

Its my first time flying one of these. So is there not set location where I can fly them?

Go to http://www.modelfly.org.nz, click on the clubs link on the left hand side and find a club near you. See if you can get someone at the club to give the plane its maiden flight. At least then they maybe can get the plane trimmed out and help you fly it. That way you'll hopefully at least not be fighting a plane that doesn't even fly straight while trying to learn how to fly.

:slfg: cheap? How is that cheap ahahaha,

You can't even get a mid grade transmitter for that cheap. Buying stuff locally it's easy to spend $100 on a small electric motor, another $100 for a speed controller, $50-100 for a battery, $50 for receiver, $120 for 4 servos etc. All those components are reusable and good quality. If you're getting an entire setup for $200 the parts are probably cheap and unreusable. You crash the plane you throw everything away.

You can get reasonable quality but a bit of a gamble parts from Hobby City in Taiwan, but it's about $30+ for shipping.

My first electric after what I used as a trainer cost me about $600 just for the electrics, the airframe was secondhand. I think I got maybe 10 flights out of it before the elevator servo came loose and it lawndarted. :facepalm:

IMG_8157.jpg

I think that excluding recommended.... I saw the actually price... around 500> and the store service person said that I am able to fly at public parks.

Most public parks you can, some they're banned. Don't be a moron and you should be ok. Don't fly when there are people around, especially when you don't even know how to fly.

The price of a first rc plane scares me. With $600 I think I do a lot of electrical work in my garage. I assumed the cost of it wouldn't be that great that the reason why I wanted to buy a rc plane.Maybe I might buy a rc car or boat hopefully would be much cheaper??

I just bought an RC Helicopter 4 ch M30 m-series to start off getting use to a remote as I have not played or used an RC before.

Most people who fly planks fly helicopters in mode 1 so that the throttle and other controls are similar, so it might be something to consider converting the controller to mode 1..

I used the 4ch. I found it quite easy. About 4 crashes and I could hover and move left and right. I love use the RC, not to hard to get use to.

I went over my family friend house and took my rc with me. My family friend daughter and son wanted to have a go so I decided to give them a try. Next minutes it broke. The main stem of the copter was broken. :slfg: oh well, They people I bought the RC from are repairing it for free! So quite happy about that.