Kapimana Club

Billaney

Hi

I was wondering if there is anyone going the the meeting tomorrow night who might be able to give/sell me a microworm culture ?

I have had one and tried a couple of times now to grow another and have either put too much yeast or made it too runny or something but I'm haveing no joy growing my own and am almost out, my kribs love it and i would really like some. if so a hugh THANK YOU.

Paul

Thats fine shae ! $5 is good by me.

could you also write down the recipe , i know its basic but i must be getting the wrong amounts of each ingrediant so something.

you know 1/2 cup oats

1 tsp yeast

something like that.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

yup, I have been thinking about experimenting a bit. I have decided to feed mine solely on cat biscuits, I would like to see if there is a real difference compared to flake and more traditional foods. Got them in with a droopy severum at the moment, he is a pussy at the best of times and has been suffering from swim bladder problems for the past week, they are loving it plants, air curtain yup very happy danios. Moved the pearl gouramis out of that tank and put them in the big one with the oscars, suprisingly they are all still there and there hasnt been any problems, I alo moved a pair of severum and a single male over, suddenly the resident victim is getting attention of a different type, she has been in the oscar tank recuperating from the last time she was beaten up and the single male is herding her around the tank.

• 1 month later...

If anyone who is going reads this could they please put in my apologies. I do plan to attend again but for the next few months I am going to be really busy - and probably tired and grumpy too !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Jude

lol sorry none left

recipe: * 1 cup Milk

* 1tb or thereabouts active dry yeast

* 1/3 cup sugar PLUS

* 1 teaspoon sugar

* 1/4 cup Warm water

* 4 tablespoons Butter -- melted

* 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt

* 2 1/2 cups cups all-purpose flour (more as needed)

* -----FILLING-----

* 4 tablespoons Butter -- at room temperature

* 1/2 cup Brown sugar

* 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon

* -----POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE-----

* 1/2 cup icing sugar

* 4 tablespoons Margarine -- melted

* 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

In a large bowl, stir the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar into the warm water and let it stand for 5 minutes.

Stir in the cooled milk, melted butter salt and sugar 1 cup of flour. Beat this with a spoon or an electric mixer until smooth.

Gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups more flour, keeping the dough smooth. If the dough is still moist, stir in more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to make a soft dough. Cover with a dry cloth and let rise in a warm place until the dough doubles in bulk, about 1 hour. Punch down and divide in half.

Fill and bake the rolls: Grease and flour two large baking sheets. On a lightly oiled board, with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out and stretch one piece of dough to make a 12-by-8- inch rectangle.

Spread half the soft butter over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar and cinnamon.

Beginning on a long side, roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining dough, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut the dough into 2-inch slices and place on the baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the rolls for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Glaze the rolls: In a small bowl beat all the glaze ingredients until creamy and smooth. Coat the rolls with the glaze immediately after taking them out of the oven. Allow the rolls to cool on a wire rack.

sounds like a pain in the rear but its not, pretty simple and quick to make.