Cleaning outside of glass properly.

Fruju

as a pro window cleaner i recon the way to go is using a mop and squeegee.

use sunlight dishwashing liquid in a bucket, about the same amount as you would to do the dishes maby a little more.

a window mop can be replaced by a clean rag, small towel, or even the dish cloth.

what ever you use, ring it out so it stops dripping, then rub the glass all over untill you get a soapy bubbly lather over the front of the tank. now get the squeegee and in one steady fluid action pull it from one side to the other. never stop or start in the middle. wipe the blade with a clean dry rag and repeat until done (two maby three strokes).

if you keep getting streaks wipe the starting edge of your tank as well as your squeegee between strokes.

dont hesitate as the soap will quickly dry and needs to be sqeegeed asap.

now wipe only around edges and your done, hopefully.

you can buy a squeegee from the department store, supermarket, warehouse or even a cleaning supply shop.

if you are concerned about bubbles getting into tank, you can leave the top one or two cm soap free.

to get rid of stubborn water stains i use a brand new razor blade and scrape the affected area. keep it wet and soapy the whole time though.

if that doesnt work, use the strongest acid you can find and carefully rub the affected area before squeegeeing. extreme care in required though. the best acid for the job, and really the only one that always works, is hydroflouric acid. but its pretty well restricted now in nz and for good reason, extremly toxic stuff.

good thread! regular glass cleaning is necessary for constant clarity but not always possible, my 6foot backs up to a wall, so rear glass not easily reachable unless you have 3 foot long arms. which I don't. so for those seemingly impossible stains, nothing beats a razor blade lubricated with white vinegar. tied to the end of a stick, if u need to.

better living everybody.

8)