The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today at school we had an "Achievement Day", which is where most of the Year 11, 12 and 13 students have the day off and those who want to resit an exam to get a better mark, or who need one-on-one help on a particular subject, are able to go in to school and do so.

I just had a Maths exam resit so I've come home now. I really hope I did well on it, because I completely stuffed up my first one :facepalm:

Today at school we had an "Achievement Day", which is where most of the Year 11, 12 and 13 students have the day off and those who want to resit an exam to get a better mark, or who need one-on-one help on a particular subject, are able to go in to school and do so.

I just had a Maths exam resit so I've come home now. I really hope I did well on it, because I completely stuffed up my first one :facepalm:

that's pretty good that they let you do that, I would have liked to do that for some of my exams

They're not sure what it is, my bowels are slightly inflamed. Had to have a ct scan and whatever that stuff they made me drink beforehand + the dye they injected into my veins made me spew exorcism styles all over the really expensive machine lol.

Haha Sophia that's what it felt like!

Caved in and lit the fire for the first time this year. It is 11.2C outside and raining heavily (YAY we need it).

Also good to see the pellet fire fired up no trouble first time. You sometimes wonder, after they have been sitting unused for so long, if they will go when you push the ON button.

Even on low the pellet fire heats the room to about 26C so we are looking at the different ways of venting and pumping waste heat through to other rooms to see which would best suit.

I am getting the urge to bake something. Nothing like baking, with the music up loud, on a cold, wet day (unless you are curled up by the fire reading a book).

that's what you get for eating fishfood......

in other news, for dinner tonight I'm doing a Jamie Oliver trick of roasting lamb straight on the oven rack so it drips into the vegetables below. It makes for quite a smokey smelling kitchen so I really hope it tastes good. I rubbed it with lime juice (no lemon available), rosemary, oil, salt and pepper.

!drool:

Ever since I saw a pic of a Polka Dot Cake (a few days ago) I wanted to give it a go. The original was a 3 layer cake done in 6" tins. I did not have any of these so was going to do 2 x 8" tins but, after stuffing up the first lot of polka dots, decided a single layer would do. :gigl:

I just wanted to see if they came out looking anything like the original and I am pleased with the results. :thup:

Next time I will add more balls but I did not have enough that turned out as well as I felt was needed so it is less dotty than it might have been...

PolkaDotCake_zps35f31148.jpg

PolkaDotCakecut_zpsd0a37e5f.jpg

Also, I used too much butter in the icing I think and it had a tendency to slide off as I was trying to slather it around the sides. Never mind, I know what to do next time and the cake is now all sliced up and individually bagged to go on my dad's church stall tomorrow. He runs it every week as a fund raiser. They need a lot of money to quake-proof their hall. Not up to professional standards but I was happy with it :happy1: