The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always stuck by my guns when it came to who I was at college. People were like "pfft weirdo listens to metal", "why would you ride a stupid road bike?", "Fish are stupid", "Why doesn't he drink? He so isn't cool". I made a lot of friends over the 5 years and I only see two of them regularly now that school is over for me. One is my neighbor and the other is one of my best friends. Throughout school I left my main social group for another as as the old group fell apart they came crawling back to me. Be like SamH and myself, Alphas 8)

:rotf:

But seriously. Cricketman is correct. Some of my old school mates are struggling to get into uni and get jobs, me on the other hand scored myself trainee manager at my work :thup:

Once I was on rubbish juty at school last year :roll: (I was trying to get away from some bullies, and wasn't where I was supposed to be with the class, so the teacher punished me :facepalm: ) So I had to go round the school at lunch asking everyone for their rubbish, holding out a plastic shopping bag for them to put it in. Some kid offered me a smoke and I told him to put it in the bag and he got really mad at me :slfg:

Good to see there are a few intelligent teens out there (or pre teens) who realise smoking is stupid. Perhaps I ought to take the smokers to visit our patients who have emphysema as a result of years of smoking. It is a very slow, undignified, and painful way to die :cry:

Almost got hassled at the pub last night for not drinking or smoking :lol:

Cant even escape it when you hang out with 20 year olds.

Do they still do that??? :o

Grant and I are teetotallers and he used to get hassled a lot for "not being a man" because he hated the taste of alcohol :facepalm:

It isn't so bad if you are female but, good grief, I thought times had changed even if binge drinking has taken over youth culture these days :roll:

I still remember one year a long time ago when one of our regular couriers dropped off parcels and, in the course of the conversation (it was Christmas) we mentioned neither of us drank alcohol. He looked absolutely flabbergasted then said "But how do you celebrate???"

We pointed out we managed just fine, enjoyed ourselves, remembered what we did, had no embarrassment or consequences the next day nor any hangovers 8)

I had lunch with friends today. I enjoyed my pumpkin soup :love:

Do they still do that??? :o

Oh yes... still a big part of society today.... if you don't drink people look at you strange and start trying on the peer pressure.

Good on you Josh and Sam... welcome to the "weirdo" club of people that can enjoy life without getting hungover :)

I love drinking... water :thup:

First day back at school was really good. I have a really cool science teacher. He loves biology and all that stuff, and studied an extremely rare and little-known weevil on Stephens Island called the ngaio weevil :D

On the other hand I am also really annoyed because one of my subjects is Animation which I didn't choose, and according to my form teacher people can't change subjects at the start of the term like we could last year :( So I'm stuck with a useless subject, which means I miss out on one I chose so whatever that was I can't do it in later years because I need credits :an!gry

How is it possible for them to make you take a subject you are not interested in, and potentially waste all that time when you could be doing something else?

It sounds to me like you need to get your mum to open a can of whupass on those teachers. :an!gry

In saying that, you were taking an art class once I remember, maybe it will be better or more useful than you expect?

They have to fit everyone into a specific timetable. Another subject I am doing this year, which I also really don't want to do, but was forced to choose, is drama. However I already knew about that, although it still bugs me. And the fact that they are allowed to just randomly put me into a class I didn't choose really angers me. At Animation today the teacher gave us a course overview and it is really boring and will get me nowhere in life. Like you said Sophia, it's a waste of time when I could be doing something that I could actually be learning from.

That art class I do is out of school. It is visual art - painting, sketching, figure drawing, photography etc. The Animation class at school is of no use to me whatsoever. The subjects I am supposed to be doing are Applied Science, Geography, History and Photoshop. I don't really mind if I miss out on Geography, but if it's any of the others I will be very angry.