May 2, 201115 yr comment_432477 I think it's just another man with a beard and a hat. :thup: I think your right Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432489 now that they have chopped off the telebans head, i wonder how many more it will grow. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432490 This thread should be deleted under the forum rules and guidelines. sensitive topics (political, religious, sexual reference or sexually oriented content etc) Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432491 Seems a bit silly IMO that we can't discuss relevant topics like this. I know its a family place, but how about an "Adults Lounge" R16 forum with looser guidelines for discussing politics, religion, world news, etc.... Report
May 2, 201115 yr Author comment_432493 Seems a bit silly IMO that we can't discuss relevant topics like this. I know its a family place, but how about an "Adults Lounge" R16 forum with looser guidelines for discussing politics, religion, world news, etc.... Sounds like a very good idea. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432494 Seems a bit silly IMO that we can't discuss relevant topics like this. I know its a family place, but how about an "Adults Lounge" R16 forum with looser guidelines for discussing politics, religion, world news, etc.... :thup:I'd be keen for something like that Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432495 Although I somewhat agree, In most cases there is always debate because of difference of opinion. I happen to think that it is not a good thing that he is dead but there is a slim chance that discussing that would lead to some higher form of education on the subject. ( for both parties ) Thus it would seem that a pointless argument would insue and everybody would get very angry. Plenty of other forums around for that. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432500 PC people annoy the hell out of me, might as well discuss obama sin laden while we can Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432526 i am sure that the ones watching this with their popcorn will point the appropriate stick in the right place when needed. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432528 If people bother to take the time to explain themselves clearly and consisely, and others read properly and don't take things personally there is no reason for the discussion to go to pot. :spop: Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432531 If people bother to take the time to explain themselves clearly and consisely, and others read properly and don't take things personally there is no reason for the discussion to go to pot. :spop: How did weed get into this conversation? Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432534 How did weed get into this conversation? Weeds grow anywhere, Its not surprising where you find it sometimes Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432574 If it is Osama then I think the Taliban is going to become like a Hydra (for every head you get rid of 2 will grow back) Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432581 I find it interesting how the US rhetoric has pervaded even NZ, he was neither a spiritual or political leader of the Taliban Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432584 I find it interesting how the US rhetoric has pervaded even NZ, he was neither a spiritual or political leader of the Taliban Sorry "al qaeda" I understand that he is not their "leader" but he is one of their public faces Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432586 If it is Osama then I think the Taliban is going to become like a Hydra (for every head you get rid of 2 will grow back) They [Al Qaeda, not the Taliban] were already a "hydra" with many heads operating in many countries around the globe, Bin Laden just happened to be the only one that was a household name thanks to the publicity the media gave him after 9/11. TBH I think they would have been better to cover it up and pretend they were still looking for him, all this hype and flag waving is just adding fuel to the fire and helping radical Islam recruit more radicals now they have a martyr to champion. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432587 TBH I think they would have been better to cover it up and pretend they were still looking for him, all this hype and flag waving is just adding fuel to the fire and helping radical Islam recruit more radicals now they have a martyr to champion. Mums freaking out about a family friend of ours who is taking a plane out of america right now. It really is just fuel in the fire. Like that guy who burned the Quran recently Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432591 I agree with David. This would aggravate and offend a lot of people in that country. There are bad people in the world in fact not just in Iraq and America, they are everywhere. Iraq hasn't been a place of peace for many years. But Americans have killed a lot of innocent people while they were in Iraq as well. I do feel sorry for that country and all those who moved out of their motherland. Peace to all those out there. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_432596 TBH I think they would have been better to cover it up and pretend they were still looking for him, all this hype and flag waving is just adding fuel to the fire and helping radical Islam recruit more radicals now they have a martyr to champion. This :thup: If it turns out to be true, the death of Osama could turn out to spawn a lot more radicals looking to attack the U.S.and in turn us, he is now a martyr. The problem I see with him dying is that there will be no trial and no answers that we need. It is one thing to believe the media coverage or to follow one of the many conspiracies but with out trial or some sort of answers we are subject to what ever we are told. Regardless of the stink anybody kicks up about what really happened the heat will cool off and our following generations political and religious decisions will be effected by what they are told and taught. On face value Osama is a bad man, America is good, the bad man is dead and America rules. Yet we spent ten years bombing the crap out of 2 countries in the East killing at least tens of thousands of innocent people just to pretty much get 2 men and a bunch of cronies but probably creating a thousand in their place. Yet there is so much paperwork and PC crap that none of us can help Lybia and Syria. - is that something to celebrate? Personally what confuses me is the "fact" that 1 man instigated 9/11, played the best game of hide n seek the world has ever seen for 10 years even though the greatest military in the world was after him then out of nowhere he is chillaxing in a mansion and gets bombed by a drone. Then he is dna tested and thrown out to sea and all before the world new it happened. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.