Another death in the FNZAS

Caryl

It is with great sadness I have learned of the death of another FNZAS Life Member, Eddie Bowen.

Eddie used to belong to the Marlborough Aquarium Club before I was born!

An enthusiastic conference attendee for many years, conferences won't be the same without him :cry:

On the bus trips, our other recently late LM, John Eastwood, would always buy Eddie the biggest ice cream in a cone he could get as he knew Eddie loved ice cream and always enjoyed the treat very much.

For many years now Eddie has resided in Christchurch, the past few years in St Nicholas' Hospital, after a stroke. He had another stroke last week and did not recover.

Our condolences go to his family at this time.

His death notice was in today's Press and will be in tomorrow's as well with funeral details. Any local club members able to attend, please do so.

I only met Eddie once, but it was apparent he enjoyed being part of the fish keeping community. My condolences go out to his friends and family. I will be going to the funeral, anyone who wants to join me, is more than welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Will always have treasured memories of Eddie and John yes Eddie certianly loved his Ice cream and john always made sure no matter what he got atleast one at every confence. RIP my old friend untill we meet agian