Hi

Suz0905

Hi,

Thought we would join as google keeps bringing us here with fish related questions!

I've had a tropical tank for a few years. We thought we'd get another tank in January and somehow ended up with about 10 of the things.. and my garage is slowly being turned into a fish room :)

We now have:

Malawi Cichlid Tank: 330 L with 6 x Taiwan Reefs & 6 x electric yellows (work in progress)

Kribensis breeding tank: we got the Kribs with the tank, and liked them so much we will continue breeding them. Mum and Dad have 25ish babies, and they currently have new babies which we havent seen yet.

White Cloud tank: we were breeding these for the local school but now have heaps

Guppies: have several tanks playing around with them, have several lots of babies.

Bristlenose: Have some young golden and some blacks which are cleaning the tanks for us and will hopefully one day breed.

We have a tank full of Crypts and one with Anubias too.

So any power saving tips would be most welcome!!!!

Look forward to learning heaps here :)

Speaking of which, have you had any trouble since the last time?

Its happened 3x and we now have a burglar alarm fitted which can be set either in conjunction with the whole house or as a single room which means the alarm can be on when we are home as well :D

Hi and welcome.

Power saving tips hmmm...

Polystyrene under the tanks and on as many sides as possible without ruining the view.

Tight fitting lids.

Reflectors on the lights.

Thanks! Yeah I just got a heap of polystyrene from my work and we have surrounded the sumps, and put it on 3 sides of most of the tanks... hopefully that helps! Most have lids... will work on that... and reflectors too.. thanks heaps!!!

And Adrienne, yeah the garage isnt that well sealed... will need to look at that too as it gets colder! Did you get burgled a few times?? How scarey and annoying :o

And Adrienne, yeah the garage isnt that well sealed... will need to look at that too as it gets colder! Did you get burgled a few times?? How scarey and annoying :o

I've made a fish room in my garage using a wall and a whole lot of insulation! The room used to drop to about 8 degrees in winter but I'm hoping it wont drop below 26 now :nilly:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there & welcome to you too.

I have a Kribensis breeding tank in my garage & I have it fully boarded up with polystyrene on all sides, the lid has an elongated hole in the top for the light. Front & top can be easily removed for viewing & feeding. There are a few gaps around the top I would like to fill in before it starts getting too cold. All the best with your new endeavor, I wish I could have a few more tanks. Wife says no!

Thanks, its all very interesting :) My partner had bought about 10 tanks before I even realised haha

We had sold our breeding pair of Kribs on TM because we wanted more room for the guppies, but the buyer hasnt been in contact at all, and now I'm wondering if we should keep them cos they are pretty cool to watch.

We had a purple male inside (that we inherited) and he's been all grumpy and chased his mate away then was all grumpy being the only krib so we put one of the young females in there with him and now havent seen either of them for a few days!

• 2 months later...

How is your male krib??

We have 1 baby Krib... not sure what happened to the rest. We have moved and they are in a smaller tank atm... They are really very pretty fish, but I really dont want them to keep breeding at this stage ... we have nowhere to put them :sml1:

• 3 weeks later...