Fish Magazine

Duke3d

We publish the NZ Aquarium World magazine quarterly. It is a 40 page full colour A5 magazine printed on a colour laser (not a fancy professional glossy one). It is free to all affiliated members but others may subscribe for $21.80 for a 12 month sub ($5 per mag plus $1.80 post). If you live overseas it is $20 plus whatever postage to your country costs.

I am editor so all enquiries to me please 8)

Another way you could get the mag is to join a local fish club, and you will get the mag and also get to actually meet like minded people.

Auckland Fishkeepers meets every 2nd tuesday of the month at the Green Bay Community Hall.

If you are interested.

Hang on while I find out the account details for direct credits. I will have to contact the FNZAS treasurer (who is in here under "jane")

Yes, joining an affiliated club means you get the magazine and free and club fees are sometimes cheaper than the magazine subscription.

They come out in Feb, May, Aug and Nov. If you joined your local club but they have not passed on a capitation fee to the FNZAS you will not be recorded as a member. PM me your real name and address and I will check my mailing list. Don't remember getting any new names from Palmy though.

For those who wish to subscribe by direct credit, here are the details

Bank: Westpac

Branch: Levin

Account: Federation of NZ Aquatic Societies

Number: 030667 0263933 00

You MUST let me know if you are doing this though so I can check it with the treasurer, otherwise it may be some time before I know you have paid a subscription.

Hi Duke,

as caryl has said earlier the mag is $21.80 and most club subs are around $20 aswell, so it would make sense to join a club to get the mag.

I will prob pay for this, but caryl's club have alot of people from out of the local region if you want to join. :D

B

I think I will just get the mag at this stage if thats ok. $1.80 saving shouldn't worry me too much!!! But will definitely think about joining a club, but if i did it would probably be local - as i can see a huge benefit in "hands on teaching" and the buy sell swap network.

There is a club in Timaru but they pulled out of the FNZAS a while back so you would not get the magazine or any other stuff through them. I am sure they have members who swap plants and fish though!

Check out the FNZAS Clubs section for a new thread about back issues of the magazine. :wink:

to much driving involved in going to a club coupled with the fact that i work evenings aint all that much of an option for me but i will be buyin the mag i will msg you caryl when i have paid into the bank account...

man i wish there was a club out east auckland...hint hint

Too far to drive???

I use to travel from Whakatane to Hamilton to go to fish meetings.

Check that out on the map.

About a 5 hour round trip.

Anyway, why not get one going (club) out there, I'm sure there are heaps of hobbiest out that way.

Alan 104

One of our members drives over the Whangamoa mountain range from Nelson to attend our meetings. That is 2 and a half hours each way.

The working evenings are still a problem though aren't they?

You could always start a club up yourself in your area. Make it meet on Sunday afternoons perhaps. Our club used to do this.