The loaches, corydora & oto tank - movies from page 11

Sophia

Mr Skinny 2 is on his last legs/fins now, I imagine he will pass away in a day or 2. Definitely don't anyone buy thin dwarf chain loaches! Has been a learning experience for me, at least now I know what to look for. The remaining 5 loaches are all chubby so hopefully all good now.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the last post I've added a 6th chubby loach. :love:

For a couple of weeks earlier one of the rasbora was pale and hiding by the heater, I thought it must be sick as was also quite jumpy and nervous. Over the last couple of weeks I've had the others in and out of the tank for a breeding experiment and found the pale hidey one would come out and swim about when the others were gone. On Sunday I put them all back in and the pale rasbora has stayed out. Funny little guys. I don't think the breeding experiment came to anything, so far no wrigglers but I also made my job hard as the tank was packed full of moss with gravel so it's hard to see anyway. They seem happier back in their tank so I will try that one again another day.

• 1 month later...

make way for naked tank.... crypts are all melting, even my prized balansae and the undulata that had just started taking off.... they better grow back or else :an!gry

I noticed the crypts melting, can't figure why, thought maybe the fish had disturbed them because I certainly didn't, this tank never gets vacced... then noticed very little current and the filter sponges were all silty and gummed up so maybe that's why. Have given a rinse, and now it's fingers crossed it all grows back.

make way for naked tank.... crypts are all melting, even my prized balansae and the undulata that had just started taking off.... they better grow back or else :an!gry

I noticed the crypts melting, can't figure why, thought maybe the fish had disturbed them because I certainly didn't, this tank never gets vacced... then noticed very little current and the filter sponges were all silty and gummed up so maybe that's why. Have given a rinse, and now it's fingers crossed it all grows back.

Mine just did this and i found that they were affected by a change in the light levels. :roll:

Must be crypt melting season. I barely keep crypts since crypts regularly melt for me, but even my one nice strong crypt has melted in the last few days.

I am not sure if I should edit your posts Sophia. This is a family forum and there is a lot of nakedness in your pics :o

Not sure why they sometimes melt and sometimes don't. I have had it happen when I have stripped my tank but other times I have done so they have been fine. :dunno:

I am not sure if I should edit your posts Sophia. This is a family forum and there is a lot of nakedness in your pics :o

:sml2:

this is the first time these ones in here have melted en masse so I will just have to see what happens, see what grows back. I'll be a bit annoyed if the ones at the back and the balansae don't come back. I would say that maybe they find it hard in sand but then the ones in the gravel tank do the same thing. The only thing they have in common is low lighting (but different strength) and the water from the tap. In any case since there's no Co2 pumping them along I will just have to be patient, though not my strong point :-?