inline heaters

buzzy

what if the pump clogged or stopped working?

They attach to the outlet hose on an external cannister filter. Not sure what would happen if the filter stopped for any reason.... Loads of people use them though, I'm looking at getting one once I've saved enough for my custom tank.

what if the pump clogged or stopped working?

most of the good ones have a cut out that switches it off if the canister/pump stopped working,

I have a couple of Hydor 300w inline heaters that I bought a couple of years ago on TM but I have never seem them for sale in the shops

those are the ones ive been looking for, will have to look into bringing a couple in from overseas. anyone know some reliable online shops?

Hi, I have imported stuff from Aquaristik in Germany. I ordered online, it took 2 weeks to ship my goods and a week for them to arrive. Very happy with the service and the freight wasn't too horrendous.

http://www.aquaristikshop.com/cgi-bin/n ... ommenν=1

Good luck

Joanne

Nice site, couldn't find any external heaters though....

• 1 year later...
Just got hold of a 300w Hydor inline heater... and I have to say it's got to be one of the most efficient heaters I have ever seen in operation... I set it to 30c and it brought the tank up from 29c to exactly 30c very fast. I'm really impressed!

why is your tank at 30 degrees?

I used to run Hydor external heaters, could get them here in NZ. They stopped selling them because the 300's had an over heating problem, or so i was told.

I would say they have probably fixed that problem by now, it was about 10 years ago.

I never had any problem with my 300w, good heater and does take the gear out of the tank.