Shipping Wild Discus To New Zealand

Fishie123

HI, i would like to know the procedures of importing a fish from overseas, like from a fish farm and how much it would cost approximately? And what are the chances of the fish arriving to NZ safely with NZ's strict biosecurity.

Ah, another one. There's someone every month or so wanting to know how hard it is to get XXXX fish imported. Noone ever does it. You need a quarantine facility or talk the 2-3 people with facilities into importing for you. You'll need to pay them thousands of dollars to make it worth their time.

Use the search function, there will be heaps of these same threads. Maybe we need a sticky?

There will be plenty of information about it soon, the fish committee is working on getting the information together so that everyone knows what is involved..

But in short fishie123 you need to get in touch with an importer and convince them to do it. Because of costs involved and their regular suppliers probably don't stock them you will most likely have no luck but you have to try.

dont do it

not worth it

even if you breed the discus, youw ill never recover the money.

if you are wealthy and just wanan do it for a hobby.... then thats fine.

kinda sadistic to me, as the process i hear is very painfull.

why wild discus?

what do tehy look like anyways?