My Nano

Mcculloch

Hey there after looking at spoons Nano thread I thought I should put up some pictures of my own.

Its situated in my wife's shop so it had to look good or else id be in trouble.

Here are some pic's of it in the early stages of set-up I cycled/cooked the rock in a bucket for about 2 months prior to setting up the actual tank.

Voldemort the clownfish

Nano1stweek17.jpg

The skimmer media chamber and return Pump.

Nano1stweek1.jpg

The lights.

Nano1stweek12-1.jpg

And a couple of whole tank shots.

Nano1stweek14-1.jpg

Nano1stweek13-1.jpg

I will endevour to put more photos up as it has been running for about 3 months now.

I have a Randall's shrimp goby in there now as well will try to get pictures.

Should have mentioned I built the tank around a 60 liter hailea with a peice of black arcrilic cut to shape for the over flow/skimmer compartment.

Very clean unit 8)

You obvoisly didnt see the silacone around the lights there Sam :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah thought of that, the problem is most of the lid is curved so its hard to fit them in neatly also researched Peltier cooling but put that into to hard basket.

Just going to stick a desk fan next to it with the lid open.

We have another clownfish in there now a girlfriend for voldemort my significant other has named her ursula.

Yeah thought of that, the problem is most of the lid is curved so its hard to fit them in neatly also researched Peltier cooling but put that into to hard basket.

Just going to stick a desk fan next to it with the lid open.

We have another clownfish in there now a girlfriend for voldemort my significant other has named her ursula.

would cutting some grooves or drilling some holes for a vent be ok then just silicone the fans on on the inside

Because glass is a rubbish insulator, one of the easiest ways to cool the tank is to simply get air movement over the whole thing - I have a single large fan in the corner of my fishroom that just blows air about over the tanks and out the door into the hallway - it has proved far more effective than little fans in the hoods - the only issue with a nano is that you'll have to keep an eye on the water level and salinity due to evaporation.

• 8 months later...