ncea results out how did everyone do

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand the modern NCEA system as my kids had left school before it was implemented.

Are the levels 1, 2 and 3 like the old 5th, 6th and 7th form? Do you have to get so many credits per level then over a certain total at the end? Are these credits then used to get into uni?

It's a terrible system where they reward you for doing either terribly, badly, or acceptably.

Yep, I don't like the system at all, so hard to understand and I kept getting confused with the conversion of points etc etc. My (previous- Uni now yay) school offers cambridge which is a examination designed in Cambridge England obviously, soo much better IMO, much harder to pass but easier to get excellence - unlike NCEA which I have found to be easy to pass and very difficult to get excellence.

Unfortunately we have to wait until the 28th to get our results, have to be mailed back from England :roll:

Does anyone know by chance when scholarships come out? I sat both an English and Geography one.

ah results time! So many nerves but ultimately you pretty much know how hard you worked and what you deserve to get.

I got two A-'s and an A for my postgrad ecology papers this year. Still got two I need to finish up.

Any other uni people following this, how did you go?

i am in that age group but am doing cambridge not ncea.

Yeah, I just finished cambridge too, which school are you at?

ah results time! So many nerves but ultimately you pretty much know how hard you worked and what you deserve to get.

I got two A-'s and an A for my postgrad ecology papers this year. Still got two I need to finish up.

Any other uni people following this, how did you go?

hey Stella! Got into my ecology course at Aucks! Thanks for the advice :D