Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tank stands

Featured Replies

I'm building a tank stand/bench on sunday. It needs to be 3m long. Excuse my lack of knowledge. I'm not experienced at all

The top bench I plan to hold 2x90L40H30W and 2x 60L40H30W tanks

On the bottom layer I plan to put 1x 90L30H30L 2x 60L30H30W tanks, and hoping to add another 3ftr later on

I'm putting the lower tanks on the bottom shelf as my room is only 2.2m high or something and need to space it out as best I can.

I was planning on using H3.2 2x4. I know 2x3 is cheap but 2x4 would be the safest option?

I was planning on bolting the legs to the horizontal pieces of 2x4 that form the "bench". I was also going to nail(or bolt if it will be significantly stronger) a piece of wood every 30cm as the support beam or whatever its called

I was hoping to make it 30cm from the ground, first piece of 2x4, then 80cm from the top of that piece to the bottom of the next piece, if anyone understands that...

DSC068161024x768.jpg

I was hoping to do it similar to that. If that helps

I also want to use a sheet of wood under the poly to make sure its even better. It can also be fixed to the wall, but that will provide very little in the way of strength. What should I use?

Like I said at the start, excuse my lack of knowledge :lol:

lol mine isn't a good example I still haven't put the bolts through, but yeah just copy mine and bolt it and you should be fine, just don't stick all your wood outside so it gets warped and make a wonky stand like I did.

how about something like mine but just the height of the bottom shelf to suit

this was taken before i added front to back bracing in the centre & either end. It is 2.0m long, just add two more legs to it's length.

P1010807.jpg

i did it like this

IMG_4082.jpg

for a 3m stand i would do they ends as shown & have two in the centre, one on each leg that is either side of the centre one.

you can make it what ever length you want. just put legs at either end & spread them evenly down the length. I recommend you have them at 600mm or less apart.

i used particle board which is cheap or free if you get cover sheets. the best to use would be ply but that costs.

you have a tank 3m long?

The top bench I plan to hold 2x90L40H30W and 2x 60L40H30W tanks

On the bottom layer I plan to put 1x 90L30H30L 2x 60L30H30W tanks, and hoping to add another 3ftr later on

I'm putting the lower tanks on the bottom shelf as my room is only 2.2m high or something and need to space it out as best I can.

I was planning on using H3.2 2x4. I know 2x3 is cheap but 2x4 would be the safest option?

  • Author

The top bench I plan to hold 2x90L40H30W and 2x 60L40H30W tanks

On the bottom layer I plan to put 1x 90L30H30L 2x 60L30H30W tanks, and hoping to add another 3ftr later on

quote]

if your are referring to the appearance of her giving a middle finger salute then no, definately not. my kiddies have respect & manners & that is more of a caught at that second kind of moment. :lol:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.