arggghhh STUIPD RAIN!! and I need to have a rant!!

Ymir

I have been building retaining walls over the Christmas break and the heavy rain has caused slips along the wall faces &c:ry :an!gry

It will take me 2-3 days to clean it up and get the area ready to carry on again :facepalm: HUMBUG!!

Hows is everyone's else Xmas going??

SH 69 Inangahua To Reefton Road Closed:Flooding

SH 65 Murchison To Springs Junction ( Shenandoah) Road Closed:Flooding

SH 73 Arthurs Pass To Otira Road Closed:Rock falls

SH 7 Hanmer Turnoff To Springs Junction ( Lewis Pass) Road Close :Flooding

SH 73 Otira To Kumara Road Closed:Flooding

SH 67 Westport To Mokihinui: Mokihinui Road Close:Flooding

SH 60 Takaka To Collingwood Road Closed:Flooding

SH 6 Renwick To Nelson Road Close :Flooding

SH 6 Canvastown: Canvastown Road Closed:Flooding

SH 6 Harihari To Haast Caution:Flooding

Grant got called out to a fault at Mt Campbell (Motueka) but main highway is closed between here and Nelson so he had to up through St Arnaud/Top House. Has rained here heavily and I will have to work tomorrow as other receptionist is trapped in her house. They can just see the top of the front fence above the flood waters. :roll:

It is blowing a gale here at the moment, forecast 130 - 160kmph gusts and rather warm - it is like standing in front of the hairdryer on medium, the cats are looking squinty and rather annoyed at the wind, but still follow you around outside, just in case they miss out on something.

We had family staying here in Nelson who had to get the ferry across to Wellington this afternoon.... they had to go the through the St Arnaud way too. Turns out the ferry might not be going anyway :-?

It's a nice day here in Upper Moutere now .... checked the river and it's hardly up at all.

i'm having a great time, it's been raining heavily here so that's great for the drought & water tanks. In that rain today i went fishing & had snapper for lunch & i just got back from a very wet round of golf with a 74 off the stick. may it rain alot more with results like that!