6 foot planted tank

antwan

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, its looking so much better! :happy2:

+1 to L. aromatica, but only because I have some from Neon as well. :D She has some awesome plants.

You might need a bigger diffuser and might be able to get away with one. I contemplated two for my 6 ft tank but have since gotten a larger diffuser from Alan :hail: (larger surface area on the frit) and it is doing a great job. It is just in front of the filter outflow. Plants on the other end of the tank are pearling and the pH is stable at each end so I know there is good distribution of gas.

You want to aim for 25-35ppm of CO2 and to achieve that you will likely need to aim for at least 3 drops per second to achieve a good concentration, depending on how efficient your diffuser is.

What's your photoperiod? I would recommend 6 hours to start, especially with so few plants. They need time to adapt to the new light and CO2. If you can, I would jam in some temporary fast growing plants as nutrient sponges. That could be one of the best things you can do to get it all in equilibrium.

I put the diffuser inside a little internal filter, now the bubbles are much smaller and staying in the water a lot longer, that's in the middle at the rear. I'll up the speed too.

Photoperiod is 11 hours at the mo :o perhaps I should tone it down a notch.

Got any sponges you'd like to bring over tomorrow Jen? 8)

Got any sponges you'd like to bring over tomorrow Jen? 8)

Pity, I just threw out a huge bucket full last week! :o I will see what I can do. At any rate there will be more coming along soon I am sure.

Regarding that 'aromatica' mine doesn't smell like much, very faint, but it does look like this: http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/Limn_aro.html