Who's out bid me on Trade me"

Jaxxnz

the $1 reserve is a good way to find the market price.

It also means that a lot more people are tempted to bid on the auction in the hope they may score a bargain but its when two people really want the item that the price often climbs above what it should do.

Auto bid is a good way to go.

You win some you lose some.

i suspect is the trader itself! that happen to me most of the time especially those with $1 reserve! :evil:

nah... any experienced bidder will "snipe" in the last 3 minutes (NOT 2 as commonly thought as that will autoextend the auction and give an extra two minutes for latecomers to get in on the action) works well with most auctions but those $1 reserves usually create a lot more interest so everyone is there lurking and waiting!

Those auto bids from the same bidder is because someone is trying to put a bid on against the auto bid. Happens to me a lot. I know what I like and often auto bid up to slightly beyond the price I am prepared to pay so when someone else wants to bid my auto bid stacks up as they try to find out what amount I've gone to :D

I crack up at the auto bids where there's 5 or 6 bids one after another all from the same bidder...

Yup, like Adrienne says say an auction is at $100 and I have set an autobid for $150. If someone else bids $110 then the autobid would automatically put in a bid for me at $111, but you wouldn't see the other guy's bid because it was less than mine. If they keep upping theirs trying to outbid me you'd just see a series of my bids.