November 21, 201015 yr comment_406572 Well guys I got into this hobby 8 months ago not knowing nothing my wife and i thought lets get a fish tank for our daughter so we went into pet stop talk to the shop assistant told him want a little tropical tank for our 2 year old so after talking we got the 20 litre blue planet tank then he said get some harlequins and Neons so we got those two types of fish and guess what he said we needed a algae so they sold us a pleco with a 20 litre tank when a pleco grows 60 cm + long now they get real huge. I ring Hollywood and I said had a Pleco in my 60 litre tank they said oh that's to big for your tank because they produce lots of waste which i notice when I gravel clean both tanks. I ring bird barn yesterday and they said yes bring your pleco in and we will swap or give you credit so I got to bird barn and they put the pleco in a nice big tank and he was happy as can be . I made my way to Hollywood Mt Roskill and ask the great staff for a bristle nose instead the yellow one. You know what everyone I wish I knew about Hollywood fish farm when I started this hobby would of save me so much bother in the beginning so I only go to them for help and this federation web site. I would like to thank the guys at Hollywood Mt Roskill and Albany and also this great web site for helping me when I need it as I still learning about the hobby and there will be always something to learn. Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_406609 I don't get why any stores stock normal plecos at all; It would be much more helpful to sell bristlenoses or otos Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_406610 I don't get why any stores stock normal plecos at all; It would be much more helpful to sell bristlenoses or otos Not everyone wants a small Algae Eater... Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_406619 They don't eat algae..... I'm sure they would as a last resort :lol: Its a shame that everybody thinks they are the ultimate cleaning machines. They produce more waste then they consume :lol: Report
November 22, 201015 yr Author comment_406620 You not wrong there Josh they produce so much waste I hate it Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_406621 The redspot pleco I was holding for my friend was about 15cm long, its waste was over 25cm in length Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_406625 whiptails are sooo much better unless you have a huge tank. probably better than a BN in a small tank cause they are so skinny Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_406646 The redspot pleco I was holding for my friend was about 15cm long, its waste was over 25cm in length you measured it? hahahaha :lol: Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_406712 I don't get why any stores stock normal plecos at all; It would be much more helpful to sell bristlenoses or otos Because a lot of people have fish tanks, not fish bowls. Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_406713 you measured it? hahahaha :lol: It was an estimation :lol: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.