Wunder Tonic in a tank with plants?

the-obstacle

I have an outbreak of ich and the lfs said to use wunder tonic to treat it. I now note the wunder tonic may damage plants and may stain silicone. I've got a fairly heavily planted tank that needs treating and I really don't want to stain the silicone.

1) Will it definitely stain the silicone?

2) Will it definitely harm the plants?

Has anybody used wunder tonic in the same situation and not had the staining/plant damage?

Take the plants out. Soak them in a bucket with 1cap of bleach in it for 5 mins. This will kill the whitespot on the plants. Rinse them all with bleach free tank water(Not in the tank though!!!)

Put them in another tank and then treat your tank. Wont help the silicone though :-?

Can somebody vouch me on the bleach before he does it? hahaa

Hmmm, no other white spot treatment that doesn't stain? Maybe I should buy Henwards 3 footer and transfer the fish and filter there and treat it without the plants getting damaged. Give the existing tank 10+ days for the spores to die off at a higher temp with no hosts (must make sure the shrimp are out of there before I crank the heat).

I've just sold this as a great idea to the wife. :lol:

Also waiting for Henward to reply to my PM. Just saying... :)

This worked for me

I didn't want to kill the shrimp I have left in there. :)

Wunder white spot treatment should hopefully do the trick. I noticed 2 of my panda's 'flashing' tonight which isn't a good sign but it's only been 4 days with the treatment so it'll be another week before I know if I've eradicated it.