Illegal Gambusia?

Danni

why did you buy them on the sly Josh, highly ilegal to avoid tm fees :lol:

the guy selling them is an idiot, he most likely hasnt sold them, but he can now be charged for doing so. winner

Oh don't tell anybody but I secretly enjoy buying fish that can get me sent in jail... :lol:

Did you find these so called guppies in a stream or water way? http://www.fnzas.org.nz/index.

php?PG=PestTaskForce If they are gambusia, you need to bag them up and put them in the freezer or kill them in another way. You will get in big trouble for selling. Also, do not release into the water ways, you'll get in even more trouble

I posted that comment then he changed it all

No, the tile was: Guppies or minnows or something?, like he didn't know what they were, but in the text he said they may be Gambusia. I didn't think someone would sell 75 guppies for $20.

Plain guppies or minnows-unsure

Wasn't that the title?

75 guppies for $20 just makes them sound like bad quality ones :lol: But he was actually selling guppies for 200K+ jail time, not cheap "guppies" :P

typical :roll:

True, was going to say it could be worse, the person could of had Gambusia as the title. Seems person probably did know what they are but didnt want to know....Some people really know how to ask for trouble huh.

Ignorance is bliss :roll:

I found a t shirt design thats been banned in nz by the censorship minister, linked the new article about it to the seller. He told me the shirts too offensive to put the full design on trade me and that if i'm not 100% satisfied with the product I'll get a full refund. $75 sale is worth the risk of a fine...

He obviously wasn't too clued up.

some will also be pregnant have black bellies

Minnows are not live bearers :roll:

Haha yeah, well I doubt someone that was "clued up" would ever breed them. There is no point, especially if you want to make money, as who would buy them?

I remember catching hundreds of Gambusia and tadpoles down at western springs when I was younger in the surrounding ponds before they were illegal to keep, went back a few years ago to have a look and all the ponds were just dead black water as they have tried to eradicate the " noxious plants and fish" personally I think it was better as living ponds with plants and fish.

Awww, you guys always kill off these Koi or "Stream Guppies" auctions before I get to see them. Knock it off you bass turds. :P

I'd say, tell us before TM so we can have a look first!

My understanding of the law is:

You can catch them, but you can't take them away from the stream and you can't put them back. :lol:

we have thousands of the gambusia at our local ponds but lurking out just a couple more metres and deeper down are some other unknown fish. They do not look like goldfish or carp, haven't' manged to get a really close look. They are schooling fish of some sort about the size of a deeper bodied herring but with a stripe and a yellowish tail.. any ideas?

I first noticed them, when something even bigger was chasing them and they were jumping. They will happily come in close when there is bread to be had. Plentiful Shrimp also in the ponds and eels.

the pond may be brackish , not sure.. it's in a residential area but near mangrove sea inlets.

Ignorance is bliss :roll:

I found a t shirt design thats been banned in nz by the censorship minister, linked the new article about it to the seller. He told me the shirts too offensive to put the full design on trade me and that if i'm not 100% satisfied with the product I'll get a full refund. $75 sale is worth the risk of a fine...

off topic but pm if thats the one with the nun on the front