September 29, 201016 yr comment_396841 Hey everyone. I live in the howick/botany area and was wondering if there was any streams/creeks with native fish in it out my way. I'm running out of things to do any its only the first week of the holidays :lol: Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396872 a ha... u should see what i have! not fish but just as good from local creek... Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396884 Hmmmm........ maybe you found a freshwater mermaid 8) hehe Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396886 yeh but i had to put her back she wouldnt fit in my 3ft, Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396887 Then you need a bigger tank...... I hear they grow really big but very slowly hehe Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396888 i heard some place in town lets u see them in there fancy aquarium but it cost lots haha Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396889 Haha, yeah....I've heard of that place, maybe you could go in and ask them for some advice on how to best care for them Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396890 lots of loud music and seedy old men iv heard. their also partial to slightly acid dirty water Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396892 but on a serious note me and girlfriend went to local creek and got some shrimp, hundreds in one spot! mosquitos loved us! Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396893 Oh, that was my second guess lol...... Josh depends on how far you can travel.... Clevedon might be another good place to try...... Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396894 EWWWWWWWWW!!!!! its like discus, some people like them some people dont, i guess u have to over 40, balding and have heaps of money to enjoy a mermaid. Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396896 josh lives like 5 mins from me haha im sure we can do another trip down the road. Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396898 Hmmmmm, I wonder how long the shrimp would last in the tank with my giant Goldies..... Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396904 Yeah I think so......they don't seem to mind sharing their tank when the bird decides to take a dip in it lol Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_396912 If anybody's going to catch some fresh water shrimp i'm keen to get hold of a few - happy to pay for your time (and some) if anybody does get hold of some. Report
September 29, 201016 yr Author comment_396913 There's kokopu 5 mins walk from you Josh Really? Point me in the direction please? josh lives like 5 mins from me haha im sure we can do another trip down the road.If you're taking me to the mermaid aquarium, it'll be like at your girlfriends fish club bar meeting, i'll need to "bring a parent" :lol: Report
September 30, 201016 yr comment_396919 Hey everyone. I live in the howick/botany area and was wondering if there was any streams/creeks with native fish in it out my way. I'm running out of things to do any its only the first week of the holidays :lol: You're so lucky having school holidays! Haven't you got any more tanks to re-scape or do water changes on? :lol: Report
September 30, 201016 yr Author comment_396920 I'll be setting up all my tanks once my dad gets me this stand Also got to plan my fish room...... Report
September 30, 201016 yr comment_396922 I heard there are eels in the stream, creek around Lloyd Elsmore :bounce: :bounce: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.