75 litre tank stocking suggestions

Adrienne

I have a 90 litre tank which is now reduced to about 75 litres after my adding daltons aquatic mix (thanks so much ghostknife :D ) and brightwater gravel.

Its 100cm x 30cm x30cm. I have planted microfolia, and a few green stem plants and have added apiece of driftwood with windelov and java moss attached (about 25cm long).

I was thinking - tiny tank, tiny fish so therefore moquito raspbora and perhaps another group of small fish. What do you all think. My other option was to go to cherry barbs and I also really like killies, and mountain minnows.

The tank is heated and I have a fluval 105 running on it.

Lighting - none atm. The tank is in the sunroom. It will not get direct light on it but the room is well lit with natural light on fine days so I am aware there may be algae issues.

I am not intending to go to T5 lighting on this tank in the near future.

I was thinking - tiny tank, tiny fish so therefore moquito raspbora and perhaps another group of small fish. What do you all think. My other option was to go to cherry barbs and I also really like killies, and mountain minnows.

Yes, definitely keep small fish in a tank this size, it will help greatly with sense of scale.

Are you going for the "low-tech" planted look?

Big is a matter of opinion really. Ask any of the MFKs on here, they will likely label this a nano.

I think my 4ftr is small. 200L is not enough! I want a 400L :D Or a 600L :D

I want a 8-3-2 for an aro!

A 6-2-2 for oscars

And a 6-2-2 planted discus :lol: :lol:

Adrienne, you should get some Ember Tetra. They're quite nice!

I like the ember tetras, and the mosquito raspbora and several other smaller species. I shall go looking in a few weeks and then decide. In the meantime my tank will sit waiting for the decision to be made.

There are embers at Mt Roskill, very pretty little guys.

Of course you could only fit 3 or 4 in your nano tank :P:P

atm the tank has become a temporary home to 5 small young wild kribs until they grow a bit more and go into the community tank (450 litres). Thanks Ryan for the beautiful fish. We are very lucky here in NZ to have people who manage to successfully breed some beautiful fish.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased 6 pygmy cory today and have added them to the tank. The kribs chased them a bit but tomorrow the kribs are moving to my 5ft planted tank in the lounge. When I come back from holiday next week I'll stock the tank with some schools of smaller fish. :D