Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sorry..

I like it and used to have a lot of success with it. I think flourish works better but at about 1000x times the price I would go with PMDD or these days I now use PPS which is very similar but separates the macro and the micro solutions into two bottles.

The biggest problem with PMDD is supposed to be the chelated iron in the trace elements will react badly with the Potassium and Magnesium which is why some people now use PPS which separates them out.

I am not a chemist so forgive me if I get the reasoning wrong its just the way I understand it.

PPS Ingredients list

Macro Solution

In 1 litre distilled water add

59 grams K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate)

65 grams KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate)

6 grams KH2PO4 (Mono Potassium Phosphate)

41 grams MgSO4 (Magnesium Sulfate)

Fill with distilled water and shake well. Let sit overnight.

Dose 1 - 1.5mls per 50ltrs every morning just before lights come on

Micro Solution

In 1 litre bottle:

80 grams of CSM+B or equivalent trace element mix

Fill with distilled water and shake well. Let sit overnight.

Dose 1 ml per 50ltrs every morning just before lights come on.

I have net paid for it yet because the hydroponics store says it to small a quantity to worry about. Normally I flick him $2.00

Posted

LOL. Got you thinking have I. Found a clause with the flourish you have changed to its more of a micro nutrient not a macro so you would have had better growth with the sera fert. Im currently using the flourish NPK range ,nitrogen,phosphorus & potassium also adding iron for the red plants. Cant comment on the growth yet only been using it for a week now. If this doesnt go well ill be looking into making some PMDD to. Have alittle bit here i got off hans if you want to give it a go.

Posted

its funny you say that about the sera fert as since iv stopped using it my chain sword has turned to poo im just using flourish at the mo. yep keen to use some and see how it goes everything else is growing well especially the red mac.

Posted

Red macs thriving on the high iron in flourish comp its 32% compared to .153 % in sera fert.

Free on sunday come grab it got to get the tank cranking in the next month. Check out the new set up to

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...