Post your lizard pics!!!

reptilez

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to admit I would seriously consider becoming a law breaker to have one,but they are not that longlived and quite challenging to keep healthy in captivity ,I believe.Then again,what would be the point of having something you couldn`t,tell or show to anyone?(even down to your partner?)Just have to be content with the memory of hand feeding one at Ti Point a few years back and maybe again if i ever manage to get back up there.

have to admit I would seriously consider becoming a law breaker to have one,but they are not that longlived and quite challenging to keep healthy in captivity ,I believe.Then again,what would be the point of having something you could,tell or show to anyone?(even down to your partner?)Just have to be content with the memory of hand feeding one at Ti Point a few years back and maybe again if i ever manage to get back up there.

do you mean couldn't?

Lol i find it quite funny people in america love nz wildlife like wetas,tuatara, OUR LIZARDS and we want there wilde life :lol:

It seems there will always be a demand for what we cant have.

Im sick of keeping exotics and being looked at like your a criminal for having them. What is legal and whats not is anyones guess...

Id rather keep our natives any day, and hope to get involved with research and breeding programs in the future (already am to a certain degree).

But the restrictions and not being able to sell them legally makes it less appealing for me at the present time. Sounds shallow but thats the way it is.

In Aus the permit system seems to work well and you can trade (sell) the natives as far as im aware. So less desire for exotics.

It seems there will always be a demand for what we cant have.

Im sick of keeping exotics and being looked at like your a criminal for having them. What is legal and whats not is anyones guess...

Id rather keep our natives any day, and hope to get involved with research and breeding programs in the future (already am to a certain degree).

But the restrictions and not being able to sell them legally makes it less appealing for me at the present time. Sounds shallow but thats the way it is.

In Aus the permit system seems to work well and you can trade (sell) the natives as far as im aware. So less desire for exotics.

I never knew you kept native! And no matter if they are native we will still be treated like crimanals like asking for permits and what species u can keep its a pain I would really love to have more nativess but no one has any they want to give away and if they do they have already have been snaped up

I never knew you kept native! And no matter if they are native we will still be treated like crimanals like asking for permits and what species u can keep its a pain I would really love to have more nativess but no one has any they want to give away and if they do they have already have been snaped up

Nor did I :wink:

Try NZHS forum maybe? but it all takes time anyway, you need to show your competent over time and so on etc. You have age on your side :D

Nor did I :wink:

Try NZHS forum maybe? but it all takes time anyway, you need to show your competent over time and so on etc. You have age on your side :D

LOl i am on nzhs and they were talking about the permit system and how people were not returning the annual lizard return sheet thing and i said to make an online one which would be easier and they did!