Biowish BiO-BOMB is it true??

foamy

Anyone use this before? is this hoax?

BiO-BOMB

Aquarium Waste Digester

Now there is hassle-free and highly effective way of rapidly establishing the nitrogen cycle in your new aquarium and keeping your tank clean and clear.

Suitable for:

Fresh water aquariums up to 200L

Benefits:

* Rapidly converts ammonia and nitrite into nitrogen gas which is released from the water

* Natural toxin neutraliser

* Reduces ammonia and nitrite toxicity

* Helps maintain a healthy environment and boosts fish immune response

* Increases water clarity by breaking down excess food and fish waste, improving aquarium aesthetics

* Reduces excess nutrients that support blue green algal growth

* Removes accumulated bottom sludge

* Extends water change intervals (tests show by 4-5 times longer)

* Minimizes risk during new tank start-up

* Easy, cost effective application

* Safe for fish and other aquatic life when used as directed

If anyone uses this appreciate your comment. Thank you.

Yes used it. No wouldn't recommend it.

I think (not 100% sure but can't think of any other reason) that it caused an outbreak of cyanobacteria in my tank. Never had a problem with cyano until after I started using that thing.

that maybe a possibility as it can be hard to keep the bacteria cultures used in most of this type of product pure

I have a question regarding bacteria supplements in general.

The bacteria needs oxygen to suvive - yes?

How does the bacteria survive when it's all bottled up? .. is there somesort of additive that oxygneates the liquid for them?

I use TLC and it does seem to do it's job, though I can't measure this scientifically. In the bottlle are little brown floating bits.. is this the bacteria food? TLC has very low odour . Then somehting like stress zyme has a very strong odour so I am presuiming that different products actually use a different type of bacteria.. are these the same as what will grow naturally in the filter without additives.

As what i know those bacteria are kept in a inactive state and by doing so it can be stored in different varieties of temperature and some conditions with o2. However all of this seem to claim working but from my personal view i think biospira in the us one is the best one.

As for the bio bomb it sound like a great product but without need of constant changing water kind of over the limit.

There are aerobic bacteria that require oxygen, anaerobic bacteria that live in an evironment without oxygen and facultative bacteria that don't seem to mind in either situation. There are also spore forming bacteria that can go into a resistant spore phase in adverse circumstances. Adaptable little critters eh?

What worries me with those claims is that getting rid of the "crud" probably puts it into solution and therefore increases nutrients, and getting rid of nitrate to nitrogen would mean the completion of the nitrogen cycle to nitrite then ammonia then nitrogen which would not be good for your fish.

I may be wrong but it sounds too good to me to be true---unless I have missed the point here.

thsoe products base their dry bacteria on similar principles to yeast, except it dosent work as well as yeast raises bread:D

to be honest, i wouldnt bother.

better yet, fill tank, run filter and put a few pieces of shrimp in there or something to cause amonia spike.....eventually the bacteria will naturally occur and you will have a stronger colony that dose not fluctuate in performance.

something you can set your watch to!!

like feeding a big ball of beef with out worrying