Rare snow Aro!

kkfish

thats what i mean

megabucks.

nz has a limited market,

say out of all fish keepers, a small % keeps mosnters.

out of those monster fish keepers only a small % will ever spend several hundred let alone thousands of $ on a fish:D

so.... likelihood is low

but i would love one

dream tank - aro comm.5 to 6 high grade aros and another 5 to 6 silver and black aros and maybe a jar or two:D

tank must be 4000 litres i think.

Don't think its quite that simple Alan, its not like silver aros are difficult or uncommon to breed yet this colour morph very rarely appears. Same deal with platinum barramundi, they're bred in their millions for the aquaculture industry, yet platinums are still rare and very expensive.

yes, also numbers of certain fish are culled to keep the price up and the rarity.

i was told this by a breeder in singapore of discus.

he said discus once bred will keep breeding and potentially you can have thousands and thousands a year

they cull them and keep the numbers down.

no doubt same with arowanas

Even normals are a bit much for me. The fish would probably be the cheapest part.

You're right, which is exactly why I would encourage people to spend a bit more to get the fish that they really want. The $200 price difference between a black and a silver is nothing when spread over 10+ years and taking the cost of the tank/food/power etc into consideration.

Aggression isn't as much of a problem with the large outdoor ponds they use for breeding them, AFAIK.

yes, also numbers of certain fish are culled to keep the price up and the rarity.

i was told this by a breeder in singapore of discus.

he said discus once bred will keep breeding and potentially you can have thousands and thousands a year

they cull them and keep the numbers down.

no doubt same with arowanas

Supply and demand ^^ Keeping them rare to give a high value xD

maybe not enough money in it as asian aro species

i know that the albino and platinum asian formosus aros have recently just been bred - because they are a weaker gene i think like the colour traits in fish generally is when its white or albino.