apple snails eat plants or algae only and black algae stuff?

henward

I have 0 phosphate and 0 Nitrate and still get a little stagorn. :evil:

That's 'cuz your plants will be starving and unable to use the available nutrients so the algae takes over. Feed them some nitrates and they will take off and starve the staghorn. Zero phosphates will starve the plants too, but they should be getting some from the fish you are feeding.

just is. 50% water change weekly and a LOT of filtration. I'm not talking about a few JBL balls either, more like 40-50 spread throughout the substrate.

10mL of comprehensive in a 200L tank every week after a WC.

No carbon in the filter.

must be a magic tank :o

Also, Flourish Comprehensive doesn't exactly contain a lot of phosphorous - look at the ingredients list. I dose

30 mL Flourish Nitrogen

22 mL Flourish Phosphorous

30 mL Flourish Potassium

10 mL Flourish Comprehensive

every week after my 50% water change. It's getting expensive, hence my recent thread about switching to dry ferts.

Also, Flourish Comprehensive doesn't exactly contain a lot of phosphorous - look at the ingredients list. I dose

30 mL Flourish Nitrogen

22 mL Flourish Phosphorous

30 mL Flourish Potassium

10 mL Flourish Comprehensive

every week after my 50% water change. It's getting expensive, hence my recent thread about switching to dry ferts.

:hail::D

I just reduce the lighting :oops: also saves me time in pruning as well. :-?

Don't take my word for it. Look up the Estimative Index. There is a lot of evidence to support putting in excess nutrients so they don't limit growth.

I shall be very interested to see what results you get from adding more ferts.* :D

*PS. Obviously there is a safety limit to adding any thing. Dose within guidelines = no dead fish. :o