Moving fish, What courier company to use???

trophy_malaw

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well just to let everyone know i ended up using post haste which i really regret. they charged me a whoping $52 to move a poly box over night from aucks to bulls. and the lady was SOOO freaking rude at the depo centre. :o they where packing the truck and pretty much told me pay it or that box anit going anywhere,.

guy i swaped my pembas with used NZ couriers and was way cheaper, anyways i got my shellies over night the next day before 9am they arrived .

How ever for him 9,10,11 roleld around and no pembas turned up . freaking out he called post haste and asked what was going on and they had no idea, yeh they use a tracking service but couldnt tell where the parcel was all that it had be droped off the day before (USELESS) . after running it up an hour later we finnaly found out that it was sitting at palmy north depo waiting to be picked up so ryan ended up driving up there to get them intead of waiting around....

just shows the price differance, service and time of arrival differs. would NOT use post haste again. Am currently running up a complaint for the poor service and over pricing...

SHAME ON YOU POST HASTE. .

also wat is up with heat pads????? claim to last 40 hours how ever on an over night when i recieved poly box everytihng was freezing cold EVEn the pad!!! and that was the same for ryan who i did the swap with fianlly picked up pembas and over night freezing cold :-?

also wat is up with heat pads????? claim to last 40 hours how ever on an over night when i recieved poly box everytihng was freezing cold EVEn the pad!!! and that was the same for ryan who i did the swap with fianlly picked up pembas and over night freezing cold :-?

Most of those heating pads burn oxygen. You package them up too tightly there's no air for them to burn. They go cold. Did you happen to feel it a few minutes after opening the package?

Also the opposite is true, too much airflow they burn out a lot quicker.

they need to be warmed up befor packing as well

I reciently sent 2 pads to Palmy over night. The person I sent them to didnt notice the box for another day (I should have phoned him) and they were still warm enough for the fish to live.

Post Haste here in Penrose is great.

With the 40hour heat pads they have to be opened up and left to warm before packing. They need oxygen as Barrie says to keep them running and they can not get water on them or they do not work. I double heat pack in the winter and put one at the bottom of the box with a small piece of poly to stop it touching the plastic bags but not so big a piece of poly that the air can't circulate around it. The other I put at the other end of the box at the end of the bags again with poly to stop it touching the plastic. When I arrive at the depot I poke a small hole in the top of the poly box with a pen to allow a small flow of air to get into the container.

This time of year is always dubious for sending as the depots can get very very cold at night and early morning deliveries to small towns can make the boxes sit outside in the frosts.

Some heat packs don't work unless they are laid a certain way in the box either i,e, one particular side has to be the side away from a flat surface.

well just to let everyone know i ended up using post haste which i really regret. they charged me a whoping $52 to move a poly box over night from aucks to bulls. and the lady was SOOO freaking rude at the depo centre. :o they where packing the truck and pretty much told me pay it or that box anit going anywhere,.

guy i swaped my pembas with used NZ couriers and was way cheaper, anyways i got my shellies over night the next day before 9am they arrived .

How ever for him 9,10,11 roleld around and no pembas turned up . freaking out he called post haste and asked what was going on and they had no idea, yeh they use a tracking service but couldnt tell where the parcel was all that it had be droped off the day before (USELESS) . after running it up an hour later we finnaly found out that it was sitting at palmy north depo waiting to be picked up so ryan ended up driving up there to get them intead of waiting around....

just shows the price differance, service and time of arrival differs. would NOT use post haste again. Am currently running up a complaint for the poor service and over pricing...

SHAME ON YOU POST HASTE. .

how big was your poly box?

• 1 year later...

I found post haste to be the best, i have used all of them and only post haste never killed any of my fish, one time they missed the connection and they sprinted them to the person free of charge. got there in an hour after located and none of the fish had died. they are really cheap and super helpful. they always ask if its cold water or tropical fish and leave it to the last minute to put out in the depot which is great. You do get the odd fish die but nothing compared to the other places i had lost out of a lot of money before i found Post Haste. :thup: