Star Bellied Sneetch

Caryl

For those stupid enough to ask for the pics... :lol:

Sneetchfront.jpg

Sneetchside.jpg

And mum and dad went as Crocodile Dundee and the Vicar of Dibley, respectively...

DSC02857.jpg

For those who do not know why I was dressed as a Star Bellied Sneetch, my parents' church runs an annual Mission Dinner to raise funds for various projects and I get roped in to help prepare, cook and serve the meal. Each year has a different theme and this year was "A Night With The Stars". It is good fun and the diners always appreciate the efforts. I believe they raised $950 last night and also made some money for Trade Aid.

Thank you Sunbird73. I have a friend who sews and she made it for me. She found the yellow material in a 2nd hand shop for $2.99 and made an extra long skivvy and elasticised the bottom then made the matching cap. I then added yellow tights ($9.95 from memory) and the white ruff was cut from an old sheet I had in the rag bag. Black pipecleaners ($2 Shop) threaded through holes in the cap and taped on the inside to heavy cardboard (had to or they just fell over). The belly was a cushion shaped bit of material which had a strap going around my neck to hold it up. It was filled with polystyrene bean bag balls.

The green star was a bit of reflective contact paper I had lying about (like you peel and stick onto school book covers) cut out in a star shape and stuck on.

Yellow face paint, $2, from some shop called "1, 2, 3 or more Gifts 2 U" or something like that.

Dearest bit would have been the tights (Farmers - got the last yellow pair they had), followed by the balls but they can be given to my daughter to add to her beanbag. I used half a 25L bag from The Warehouse ($9.95 for the whole bag I think)