aussie trip photos

sneaky2

Man I love those puffy green froggies. So cute.

Ya do? :-? They look like they have lots of tumerous growths or something! (Although they haven't really). Their skin is all flabby!! If you want cute, how about Whistling Tree Frogs? These are in New Zealand, introduced from Aussie, and they aren't a pest. I have kept them before (they aren't protected by DOC) and they make GREAT pets! They grow to about 4cm. They like flies, midges and all those buggy things. It is a good idea to keep them with a bit of water to swim in and lots of small mosses and ferns, and small emersed plants that grow about 10cm high with dense growth. Dark pea or fine gravel makes an ideal substrate.

We had house geckos in south africa. It was a curse and a blessing. They would eat all the mosquito's was the blessing, but the curse was all their droppings everywhere and the clicking sounds they made at night time while we tried to sleep :wink:

I already have a whistling tree frog. he's ok but no where near as cute as a white's tree frog. (omg, that's my last name... I think it was meant to be)

Once I saw on tv about some aussies who had a trio living in their bathroom, in the shower. They just liked hanging out in the streamy room. I want.

I struggle to see how you like those frogs so much. Honestly, they look all wrinkled and shrivelled up with that flabby skin.....EWWWW! So you've all ready got a Whistling Frog. Cute aren't they. Small body, SMOOTH SKIN WITH NO WRINKLES, and big, cute froggy eyes. I know a place where there are literally hundreds of them. It is in this sub-alpine tussock valley around Lake Rotoiti in the Red Hills. There are a couple of large ponds that they breed in.

I already have a whistling tree frog. he's ok but no where near as cute as a white's tree frog. (omg, that's my last name... I think it was meant to be)

Once I saw on tv about some aussies who had a trio living in their bathroom, in the shower. They just liked hanging out in the streamy room. I want.

yea there hard case,that one was living in my brothers potplants,it climbed into the gutter downpipe to amplify its call when raining :)

I struggle to see how you like those frogs so much. Honestly, they look all wrinkled and shrivelled up with that flabby skin.....EWWWW! So you've all ready got a Whistling Frog. Cute aren't they. Small body, SMOOTH SKIN WITH NO WRINKLES, and big, cute froggy eyes. I know a place where there are literally hundreds of them. It is in this sub-alpine tussock valley around Lake Rotoiti in the Red Hills. There are a couple of large ponds that they breed in.

i think you might be looking at the cane toad. :wink:

i think you might be looking at the cane toad.

No I'm looking at the ugly green one. The cane toad is just as bad. By the way, the pictures are nice. Good quality to.

Whistler is boring and brown, white's are funny green and fatty.

I still disagree! Whistlers are small, with big, round dark eyes. They are sooo small and cute. The White's looks like he's been eating too many potato chips and loading the pounds on! His skin's all slimy looking (although it probably isn't in actual fact) and his eyes are dull and expresstionless. Whereas Whistlers look mischevious and cute.

don't think endemic is the right word

but definitely introduced to new zealand in a few areas, then a 2nd lot introduced a few years later

not recorded in the wild in the last 30 plus years

saw them in johnny walkers pets in K rd auckland when i was a youngster

then in aussie years later, they called them dumpy frogs because of their appearance

I think the whites frogs are so ugly they are cute! :lol:

They would make a unique pet too.

lol well they have been here, and almost made it back again :( But not to be..

Nice pics BTW aussie is an awesome place for things like this, although I hear they might be getting slammed on fish species soon :(

lol well they have been here, and almost made it back again :( But not to be..

Nice pics BTW aussie is an awesome place for things like this, although I hear they might be getting slammed on fish species soon :(

yea there tropical freshwater was crap.but awesome marine selection in the petshops/aquariums. was cool to catch and release rainbow fish and eeltail catfish in the creeks but!...with small bats swooping around you e.c.t didint see any mudskippers,must be further north.

yes, I'm well aware of the saga. Kinda sad that all those frogs got put down if they were really in the country all along.

yea ,if they were here then they will turn up again! if they wernt here then they wouldnt of established anyway! they will fall back on disease risk(too hard basket)ask them to come up with a health standard (no chance,user pays! i.e butterfly creek ,salties) it seems to me that A... they had an axe to grind(much like green iguana saga)...but how come K never got dragged through court!...how many people were out of pocket from that sham(not k)....or what they cant see cant hurt you...lets not make them work for there money!...sorry OUR money....

so the lesson is (according to biosecurity) if you have something on there list,or more to the point, something NOT on there list, keep under the radar..... and they wont care :roll:the whole system stinks of corrupt pork to me 8)