Restarting tank

Adrienne

Is that because they are very sensitive to water conditions? I added them for this very reason and secondly because I have over 200 young rams taking over my tanks at home.

Yes they can be quite sensitive. The bit after your question mark makes no sense.

That would be nice with so many rams. Love the species.

(From other thread)

Do you need a magnifying glass. Its a browny red looking blotch on the left hand side near the glass. Its partly hidden by the rapidly growing pup from tank busting sword plant you supplied

me with. I love that big plant - its great :D

I still don't see it :o

__

The rams adodge is using are bolivian rams, not the blue rams. if bolivian rams aren't hardy, i don't know what are.

yes they are but I just leave the eggs - I think I mostly vacuum up the young though. I haven't been game enough to remove the eggs because I have read of so many ways to do so. I had one survivor last year and so far 4 this year which has kept the no. pretty much the way it was when I first stocked the tank. These eggs look pretty good so here's hoping.

• 2 weeks later...

A week on here are two more photos. I've had a bit of a pruning session in the tank today.

Trimmed back the java moss which, being so high up in the tank and under the T5HO, had developed the unsightly beginnings of bba. I've moved some of it further down the log and tied it on. I've also trimmed back the shoots of the tiger lotus as they were blocking the light from the plants and have removed, for good, two of the big swords from each end of the tank. While I love their colour and leaf structure they are really too big. Theres still one in the middle of the tank which I will leave for now. At this stage ferts are still only flourish excel and flourish comprehensive.

I've added a second light fixture with 2 T5HO lights, giving a total of 4 T5HO and 1T8 light on the tank. Now that I have discovered my husband has a 6.8kg CO2 tank that I can use this will be the next addition. Going to get him on to getting a suitable regulator tomorrow :D

tank47june.jpg

tank37june.jpg

tank7june.jpg

The tanks starting to look good -

plantedtank.jpg

Have put my tiger plec back in as the tank he was in is a bit overcrowded. Started pressurised CO2 this afternoon. Instead of a diffuser atm I am using the intake of the fx5 to suck it up shoot it through the filter and then back out the outlet. Currently at 1 drop per second.

Heres a few more close up pics taken last night showing some of the plants and of the residents of the tank busily eating their dinner. CO2 will be up and running later today - the cylinder is just being refilled for me. I can't wait! Maybe this will assist in controlling the algae :roll:

tank1m.jpg

tank1l.jpg

tank1f.jpg

tank1g.jpg

tank1d.jpg

tank1j.jpg

tank1i.jpg

The tanks starting to look good -

plantedtank.jpg

Have put my tiger plec back in as the tank he was in is a bit overcrowded. Started pressurised CO2 this afternoon. Instead of a diffuser atm I am using the intake of the fx5 to suck it up shoot it through the filter and then back out the outlet. Currently at 1 drop per second.

What is the plant in the center with green/pink leaves?

Tank is looking good.

Five weeks on and the tanks looking good. The CO2 diffuser arrived on Friday and yesterday - Saturday I managed to break it! Another one is on its way but will take a couple of weeks so will have to rig it up through the fx5 again tomorrow when I have the time.

Heres pics taken on Friday evening

fulltankshot25june.jpg

osirisswordjune25.jpg

parttankshot625june.jpg

parttankshot425june.jpg

parttankshotjune25.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The tank tonight -

tank22july.jpg

Has 16 bolivian rams (all young), approx 17 sterbai cory, 4 clown loaches, 5 bn, 1 tiger plec, 23 harlequins. The discus (the one remaining), is returning this weekend. CO2 is running and there are 2 x 2 T5HO light units, + 1 single T8 on the tank.

Requires trimming 2x per week. The only thing that doesn't particularly like the higher light is the windelov fern.